Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectCustom headliner is ez (pics)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=101138&mesg_id=101138
101138, Custom headliner is ez (pics)
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My headliner started to sag so it was time for a fixin'. Took me less than an hour to take out the headliner and prep it, and that includes the walk to ACE hardware to pick up the adhesive. I removed the existing fabric (it almost fell off by itself) and rubbed off all the foam on the headliner. The foam was almost like powder - it comes off the headliner really easy - and you should do it so that you won't have to deal with your new headliner sagging again later. I used the 3M adhesive made for car interiors. This is the adhesive that comes out like a string, not hairspray, and is what seems to work best for others.

Used a little over 42" of some fabric I had left over from my curtains. It has a red sheen that turns black at an angle - works well with my black/red theme. It has a natural wrinkle to it - which I needed because it would make f-ups look intentional. Sprayed most of the can onto the headliner and then applied the fabric after about 5 minutes. On a difficulty scale of 1 to 5, doing a headliner is a 0, except for the ocean breeze that picked up as soon as I was trying to put the fabric down for the first time. I'm letting it dry right now so no pics of it installed.

Negative points to whoever says this belongs in an impala. Or a coffin :dark The ladies will like it IMO
I generated this page in 0.0068628787994385 seconds, executing 6 queries.