Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9756
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)" Previous topic | Next topic
PowerEclipsesSep-19-04 02:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9756, "My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"

How sweet is this thing? ITS HUGE! It wont melt, nor crimp. kinda pricey but its better then blowing a turbo again, hot oil getting hot/cold all the time, right near the ground, im suprised not more people have problems, I suggest people get it.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
BigBaldSep-19-04 02:36 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9757, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 0

I have one of those.....I melted my last one from my external Dump. ITs a pain to put together but sweet none the less.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-22-04 12:53 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#9758, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 1

What size did you go with? 8an?

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Greddy header - Greddy exhaust

97 Eclipse
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges - 3" custom DP/Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

PowerEclipsesSep-22-04 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#9759, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 2

10 AN

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

DarKReaLitySep-22-04 06:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#9760, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 3

don't worry i feel ya! i lost mine for almost the same reason, but i think it was for a reason. i figured that turbo wasn't going to get to my goals, so i got the SC31 turbo. i fell better now.

chrysler kidSep-22-04 06:58 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#9761, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 4

bigbald did you have the stock drain melt or the aftermarket one.

i saw that 10-an fitting on a car on dsmtuners. i pmd the guy and he said it was a bitch to install for some reason

11.65 @ 115

BigBaldSep-22-04 07:07 PM
2715 posts,
#9762, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by chrysler kid
bigbald did you have the stock drain melt or the aftermarket one. i saw that 10-an fitting on a car on dsmtuners. i pmd the guy and he said it was a bitch to install for some reason

My aftermarket one melted.......I will be selling mines soon anyway...the whole setup actually minus the Wastegate.

widebodiedSep-24-04 03:46 AM
2257 posts,
#9763, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 6

thats what im running on my 2.4 setup, 90degree an fitting, 5 feet of -4 line a straight -8 an for oil dump, you can pick everything up from a local performance shop for less than 40 bux, dont get suckered into buying a kit.

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse
under construction widebody eclipse, targa top, 19inch rollers, big brakes, 10 point custom cage, frank 2.4 hrc s20g turbo, custom marble paint job

2000 Yamaha R-1, 165rwhp 117 ftlbs tq

ALMOST THERE...... MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by etx(SIUECLIPSE)
Yeah right. He is making 380fwhp with ebay hoses and the HRC 2.25" clamp on downpipe attached to his stock exhaust. And a SFMU, LOL! You should be maimed and beaten you fucking liar.

BigBaldSep-24-04 04:43 AM
2715 posts,
#9764, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by widebodied
thats what im running on my 2.4 setup, 90degree an fitting, 5 feet of -4 line a straight -8 an for oil dump, you can pick everything up from a local performance shop for less than 40 bux, dont get suckered into buying a kit.

not on this car you can't...you will need that kit.....

widebodiedSep-24-04 04:59 AM
2257 posts,
#9765, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 8
Sep-24-04 05:00 AM by widebodied

aeromotive sells, aftermarket fititngs, remove the oil inlet and outlet fittings, and just tap the an ones, or tig weld it is what i did, no kit needed, trust me.

this goes for any turbo, the fittings are about 6-10 buxs each.

DWAYNE H
1996 eclipse
under construction widebody eclipse, targa top, 19inch rollers, big brakes, 10 point custom cage, frank 2.4 hrc s20g turbo, custom marble paint job

2000 Yamaha R-1, 165rwhp 117 ftlbs tq

ALMOST THERE...... MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by etx(SIUECLIPSE)
Yeah right. He is making 380fwhp with ebay hoses and the HRC 2.25" clamp on downpipe attached to his stock exhaust. And a SFMU, LOL! You should be maimed and beaten you fucking liar.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-30-04 02:53 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#9766, "RE: My DAMN turbo blew because of a crimped oil return line, SOO I bought this! (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 9

where are you getting fittings that cheap. The cheapers i can find a 90* 8an or larger is like 15.00. 10an is amost 20.00.

The reason the kit is better on a 4g is due to the fittings that fit the oil pan and turbo.

Terry

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9756 Previous topic | Next topic