Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11063
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Car seems hesitant?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kMay-01-04 01:30 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11063, "Car seems hesitant?"

Well when i get on it about 3/4 the way or all the way it seems like it's missing or like the feeling my tires are slipping in a way. it's felt like this before and then at it's worst point it wouldn't idle right and didn't drive right and all it was were plugs and wires. so what else could be causing this. i sort of have a feeling it's the plugs or wires again but what would be making them go bad so fast?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Vandy420aMay-01-04 02:07 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11064, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 0

I dunno but i'm having the same problem--do a boost leak test first, then check the plug wires for water damage---there's a great post on there somewhere about thsi...unfotunately i just got off work and am exhausted, but do a search on this particular forum--if no dice i'll look tomorrow

The post is an FAQ from MSD--just checked the website though, couldn't find it

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HybriDSMMay-01-04 02:23 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#11065, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 1

The hesitiation could be a bad TPS sensor that is making the car hit fuel cut in partial throttle pulls. How old is the car and have any of the sensors around the throttle body been replaced?

I had a similar issue, although I'm not sute the same one due to your differeing description, and it was a bad TPS sensor, and then my ISC motor died too. Time kills electronics.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Vandy420aMay-01-04 07:47 PM
2037 posts,
#11066, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 2

#1...whats an ISC motor?

#2...I really wanna find that link---if your first plugs/wires went out b/c of water in the spark plug wells it is -POSSIBLE- that the water got right back in there and killed the second set---since they're new you may be able to bitch and return them, depending.

just something to keep in mind---

if it is the TPS that's easy to check too (and free)

Vandy420aMay-01-04 07:47 PM
2037 posts,
#11067, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 3

could it also be the Cam angle sensor?

Mattcky2kMay-02-04 12:35 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#11068, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 4

An ISC is an Idle Speed Control sensor, as for what is does exactly i forget? but anyway the car is a 97 with 57k miles. I'll take it to a mechanic to see about the water in the plugs and if that's not it i'll try the test on on the TPS.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Vandy420aMay-03-04 06:25 AM
2037 posts,
#11069, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 5

a mechanic prob won't be able to see it any better than you on the wires, damn I really wish I could find this link about how to tell---basically it looks like a small white pinhole in the plug wire boot--the part that attaches to the plug...this is an indication of moisture (often not visible to the human eye) that is causing arc-ing

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-04-04 07:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11070, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Vandy420a
a mechanic prob won't be able to see it any better than you on the wires, damn I really wish I could find this link about how to tell---basically it looks like a small white pinhole in the plug wire boot--the part that attaches to the plug...this is an indication of moisture (often not visible to the human eye) that is causing arc-ing

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/techbulletins/tech_mrbishi1.htm

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

FlyinEsiMay-04-04 10:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11071, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by Vandy420a a mechanic prob won't be able to see it any better than you on the wires, damn I really wish I could find this link about how to tell---basically it looks like a small white pinhole in the plug wire boot--the part that attaches to the plug...this is an indication of moisture (often not visible to the human eye) that is causing arc-ing
http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/techbulletins/tech_mrbishi1.htm

Damn, I was just going to post this too!

Reverse El-Glo HVAC Panels Update: Specs received
Expected Release Date: May 14th

55shot98May-04-04 12:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
#11072, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 8

you can pull the plug and look at it if you have a chilton or haynes manual look in the back and they have pics of plugs with with different problems.

chrysler kidMay-04-04 12:41 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#11073, "RE: Car seems hesitant?"
In response to Reply # 9

my car is doing this. at full throttle around 4500rpms the car sounds like its missing and back fires and looses alot of power. it started doing this 2 days ago. im thinking maybe it was a bad tank of gas? what are symptoms of the knock sensor retarding the timing?

im going to change the plugs. the wires i got are bwd automotive 7mm wire, and i hadnt been having problems with them before.

11.65 @ 115

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11063 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic