Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9118
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Almost There....." Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldJan-17-05 12:23 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9118, "Almost There....."

Just need to order the Tial BOV and the GM Maf Setup and i am all set to go. I also have to drop the FMIC off to have my brackets welded onto it. I have no idea how i am getting these pipes cut and/or Welded. I guess i will figure that out when the time is right.

For those who cut there own pipes...what did you use?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
PowerEclipsesJan-17-05 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9119, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 0

Looks nice man! You can get an exhaust cutter from autozone for w/e the price is then return it and they give you your money back. If you dont have an exhaust cutter, any autoparts store has one. When I mounted my FMIC, mine has to 2 long ass nuts welded to the FM. Then get the same size thread and just bolt it to the support bar. Good luck!

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SilverBullet20gJan-17-05 03:27 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#9120, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice IC! looks bad ass...3" piping?

Do you have access to a chop saw that has a metal blade? DeWalt makes a great one that will cut through those pipes like warm butter!

DeWalt Stationary Saw Cut-Off wheel 14"x5/32"x1"....If you don't have a chop saw you can get a cheesey one for like ~$80 that will do the job the important part is the wheel ~$15

(parting out 95 GS)

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-17-05 03:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9121, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 2

pffft. sawz-all.
looks good so far. Mount that shit.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

SilverBullet20gJan-17-05 04:02 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#9122, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by eclipzGST
pffft. sawz-all. looks good so far. Mount that shit.

Ya, I was going to say sawz-all but those things shake like crazy if you don't have a perfect angle.

You could also use a pneumatic cut-off wheel if you have access to air tools...

(parting out 95 GS)

PowerEclipsesJan-17-05 05:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#9123, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, if you got the saw-zaw. The other one is free

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

RST95eclipseJan-17-05 05:39 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#9124, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 5

Clamp whatever you're cutting down in a vice. Then cut with sawzall. Take it slow and don't force it. I've cut some really bad pieces of plastic PVC in my day because I rushed.

TeamJeff_99gsJan-17-05 05:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#9125, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 6

I just used a hacksaw.

Good looking IC there

BigBaldJan-17-05 06:53 PM
2715 posts,
#9126, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 7

This ought to be fun...I think there is a table saw around here somewhere......

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-17-05 08:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#9127, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by BigBald
"paying someone to do all of the work on your car and feeling proud when it runs a fast time is like paying someone to fuck your wife and feeling proud when she has his baby."

that made me lol. Sad, but so true...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BigBaldJan-18-05 03:45 AM
2715 posts,
#9128, "RE: Almost There....."
In response to Reply # 9
Jan-18-05 03:49 AM by BigBald

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by BigBald "paying someone to do all of the work on your car and feeling proud when it runs a fast time is like paying someone to fuck your wife and feeling proud when she has his baby."
that made me lol. Sad, but so true...

lol...I got that off of NABR....they have so many quotables on that site....

I think i am going to place some welds where a few of those couplers are. I want to decrease the possibility of blowing any of them off. So now i need to find a local welder.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9118 Previous topic | Next topic