Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectAlmost There.....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9118
9118, Almost There.....
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Just need to order the Tial BOV and the GM Maf Setup and i am all set to go. I also have to drop the FMIC off to have my brackets welded onto it. I have no idea how i am getting these pipes cut and/or Welded. I guess i will figure that out when the time is right.

For those who cut there own pipes...what did you use?
9119, RE: Almost There.....
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks nice man! You can get an exhaust cutter from autozone for w/e the price is then return it and they give you your money back. If you dont have an exhaust cutter, any autoparts store has one. When I mounted my FMIC, mine has to 2 long ass nuts welded to the FM. Then get the same size thread and just bolt it to the support bar. Good luck!
9120, RE: Almost There.....
Posted by SilverBullet20g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice IC! looks bad ass...3" piping?

Do you have access to a chop saw that has a metal blade? DeWalt makes a great one that will cut through those pipes like warm butter!

DeWalt Stationary Saw Cut-Off wheel 14"x5/32"x1"....If you don't have a chop saw you can get a cheesey one for like ~$80 that will do the job the important part is the wheel ~$15
9121, RE: Almost There.....
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
pffft. sawz-all. ;)
looks good so far. Mount that shit.
9122, RE: Almost There.....
Posted by SilverBullet20g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipzGST
pffft. sawz-all. ;) looks good so far. Mount that shit.

Ya, I was going to say sawz-all but those things shake like crazy if you don't have a perfect angle.

You could also use a pneumatic cut-off wheel if you have access to air tools...
9123, RE: Almost There.....
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, if you got the saw-zaw. The other one is free :)
9124, RE: Almost There.....
Posted by RST95eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Clamp whatever you're cutting down in a vice. Then cut with sawzall. Take it slow and don't force it. I've cut some really bad pieces of plastic PVC in my day because I rushed.
9125, RE: Almost There.....
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just used a hacksaw.

Good looking IC there :)
9126, RE: Almost There.....
This ought to be fun...I think there is a table saw around here somewhere......
9127, RE: Almost There.....
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBald
"paying someone to do all of the work on your car and feeling proud when it runs a fast time is like paying someone to fuck your wife and feeling proud when she has his baby."

that made me lol. Sad, but so true...

9128, RE: Almost There.....
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by BigBald "paying someone to do all of the work on your car and feeling proud when it runs a fast time is like paying someone to fuck your wife and feeling proud when she has his baby."
that made me lol. Sad, but so true...

lol...I got that off of NABR....they have so many quotables on that site....

I think i am going to place some welds where a few of those couplers are. I want to decrease the possibility of blowing any of them off. So now i need to find a local welder.
I generated this page in 0.014888048171997 seconds, executing 7 queries.