Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11992
View in threaded mode

Subject: "good price on a 6-bolt motor" Previous topic | Next topic
scottfreeman80Jan-15-04 10:49 AM
Member since Nov 13th 2002
88 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11992, "good price on a 6-bolt motor"

I bought a 95'tsi and the motor blew 2 days later so i'm not very happy with the guy. i was wondering what a good price on a 6 bolt motor is? any offers or prices are greatly appreciated. i do not need the tranny. thanks a lot -Scott

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RemyJan-15-04 05:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11993, "RE: good price on a 6-bolt motor"
In response to Reply # 0

i paid 300 for my 6 bolt short block.

MetalJimbo: Don't matter how ugly you are - all the girls love you in the titty bar

Member # 333

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chayeJan-17-04 12:29 AM
Member since Apr 28th 2002
420 posts,
#11994, "RE: good price on a 6-bolt motor"
In response to Reply # 1

i payed 950 for my six bolt minus the turbo, exhaust many, flywheel, acc such as alt.
it was high priced but i searched for months till i came up to that one. Only to find a week after i brought that one home that in a diff junkyard they had one for like 800 bucks, but i didnt care cuase i was frustrated.

have fun.
Btw you are aware that youll need DSMLINK for your swap??
probably yes.

scottfreeman80Jan-18-04 01:22 PM
88 posts,
#11995, "RE: good price on a 6-bolt motor"
In response to Reply # 2

i found a 6-bolt for 1285 shipped. includes turbo/smic. comes with a 10month/5,000 mile warranty. i have a guy named lucas english installing it. very efficient and experienced mechanic outta portland. i not sure whether or not he is going to use the dsm link. he has done 9 dsm engine swaps before so i'm pretty confident in him. lemme know about the price. thanks-Scott

chayeJan-19-04 01:36 AM
420 posts,
#11996, "RE: good price on a 6-bolt motor"
In response to Reply # 3

Portland?
where are u man

luca english...i dont know man sounds fishi.
if your close to salem i can help you out. I did mine and i saved a ton of money.
im close to salem

chayeJan-19-04 01:42 AM
420 posts,
#11997, "RE: good price on a 6-bolt motor"
In response to Reply # 3

oh....never mind your farther

scottfreeman80Jan-25-04 03:15 PM
88 posts,
#11998, "RE: good price on a 6-bolt motor...1285 shipped...???"
In response to Reply # 5

chaye - where do you drag at? woodburn? i'm in salem like twice a month. anyways 1285 for the engine, which included all the goodies and a 10 month warranty. any thoughts on that price? thanks -Scott

1995 GST
6-bolt JDM swap
Evo 16G port/polish
28x7.5x3.5 FMIC (had to cut bumper to make it fit)
686 Injectors
Walbro 255-HP
ACT 2600 Clutch
Full 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust
RamCharge MAF Translator w/ upgrade chip
RRE Front/Rear Strut Bar
Eibach Pro-Kit
NGK Plugs/Wires
Crushed 1g BOV vented to atmosphere
Apexi SAFC
Powerslot Rotors
Autometer Phantom A/F, Boost, EGT
Redline Synthetic M.T.F.
2g Manifold ported w/ ported 02 housing
K&N Custom Cold Air Intake
Apexi Turbo Timer
Joe P MBC @ 19p.s.i.

Vandy420aJan-26-04 04:26 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#11999, "RE: good price on a 6-bolt motor...1285 shipped...???"
In response to Reply # 6

do you need DSMLINK for the swap? I Just bought a pocketlogger, but i could easily return it and fork over the $$$ for DSMLNK i'd just rather not, but I do forsee a 6-bolt swap in the next 2 years or so (but hopefully not, only 54k on the clock right now)

vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11992 Previous topic | Next topic