Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11276
View in threaded mode

Subject: "car wont shutup" Previous topic | Next topic
chrysler kidApr-15-04 06:16 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11276, "car wont shutup"

so im driving my car and all of a sudden out of nowhere the damn right from wheelwell starts squealing its ass off like i need new pads. when i press really hard on them the sqeaking goes away but its still there after i let off.

i think it might be a warped rotor. i was considering it could be the cv joint when the sound WAS intermittent earlier today but theres no way the cv would be this consistant

11.65 @ 115

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-15-04 07:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11277, "RE: car wont shutup"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-15-04 07:27 PM by eclipzGST

If the rotor was warped, you'd feel vibration in the wheel. Sounds to me like the caliper is sticking.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidApr-15-04 08:48 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#11278, "RE: car wont shutup"
In response to Reply # 1

hmmmm how would i go about fixing that. the brake has felt mushy and lifeless lately

11.65 @ 115

ModeratoreclipzGSTApr-15-04 09:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11279, "RE: car wont shutup"
In response to Reply # 2

take it all apart. make sure that the caliper slides nice and easy. Clean and grease if necessary. If the brakes feel kinda mushy, maybe it's time to bleed them.
Braided stainless steel lines are always a good brake mod as well...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

HybriDSMApr-16-04 02:55 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#11280, "RE: car wont shutup"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-16-04 02:56 AM by HybriDSM

The dust shield may also be bent and rubbing, although the sound would be less harsh than what you explain. Check the whole steering knuckle, and the caliper/rotor/dust shield assembly.

And if the calipers are old, or were sitting for some time the piston can get siezed in its non-fully retracted position and cause rubbing (like Tony suggested)

Hope that helps some.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

RemyApr-16-04 04:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#11281, "RE: car wont shutup"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by chrysler kid
hmmmm how would i go about fixing that. the brake has felt mushy and lifeless lately

You might have air in the line.

www.dsmlife.com

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-16-04 07:02 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#11282, "RE: car wont shutup"
In response to Reply # 5

done forget to check the bearing.....wheel bearing/hub may be doing the squeeling. When you apply the brakes it causes the inner race to cock to one side. all you can do is pull it apart and take a look. Poss a hung up caliper if you are lucky.

Terry
96 Eagle talon ESI
rear disk conversion Star Stage II - Optima locate in the hatch - momo Steering wheel - Boost/oil/EGT gauges, HKS TT

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11276 Previous topic | Next topic