Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectcar wont shutup
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=11276
11276, car wont shutup
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so im driving my car and all of a sudden out of nowhere the damn right from wheelwell starts squealing its ass off like i need new pads. when i press really hard on them the sqeaking goes away but its still there after i let off.

i think it might be a warped rotor. i was considering it could be the cv joint when the sound WAS intermittent earlier today but theres no way the cv would be this consistant
11277, RE: car wont shutup
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If the rotor was warped, you'd feel vibration in the wheel. Sounds to me like the caliper is sticking.
11278, RE: car wont shutup
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmmmm how would i go about fixing that. the brake has felt mushy and lifeless lately
11279, RE: car wont shutup
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
take it all apart. make sure that the caliper slides nice and easy. Clean and grease if necessary. If the brakes feel kinda mushy, maybe it's time to bleed them.
Braided stainless steel lines are always a good brake mod as well...
11280, RE: car wont shutup
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The dust shield may also be bent and rubbing, although the sound would be less harsh than what you explain. Check the whole steering knuckle, and the caliper/rotor/dust shield assembly.

And if the calipers are old, or were sitting for some time the piston can get siezed in its non-fully retracted position and cause rubbing (like Tony suggested)

Hope that helps some.
11281, RE: car wont shutup
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by chrysler kid
hmmmm how would i go about fixing that. the brake has felt mushy and lifeless lately

You might have air in the line.

www.dsmlife.com
11282, RE: car wont shutup
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
done forget to check the bearing.....wheel bearing/hub may be doing the squeeling. When you apply the brakes it causes the inner race to cock to one side. all you can do is pull it apart and take a look. Poss a hung up caliper if you are lucky.

Terry
96 Eagle talon ESI
rear disk conversion Star Stage II - Optima locate in the hatch - momo Steering wheel - Boost/oil/EGT gauges, HKS TT

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)
I generated this page in 0.011789083480835 seconds, executing 7 queries.