Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11019
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Car wont start" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
JReynosaMay-01-04 04:08 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2003
396 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11019, "Car wont start"

It started fine all day. I turned it off to run in the house and get something. When I got back in to start it wouldn't even crank.I had to push start it just so I could get it going so I could park it else where. Any suggestions? Starter?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Vandy420aMay-01-04 07:36 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11020, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 0

does it start cold?

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JReynosaMay-02-04 06:45 AM
396 posts,
#11021, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 1

The car started his morning but when I turn it off and tried to start it again, it was a no go.

TeamJeff_99gsMay-02-04 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#11022, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 2

Let it sit for an hour or so and try it again. Sometimes they have problems starting again after warming up.

http://www.dsm.org/how-tos/JFM/HotStart.html

Just some info. It does not sound like you have that problem, but it doesn't hurt to try.

JReynosaMay-02-04 07:19 AM
396 posts,
#11023, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 3

I just tried to restart it, but it didn't start

MoreBoostMay-02-04 09:30 AM
Member since Feb 03rd 2002
147 posts,
#11024, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 4

I had a problem similar to that back then. At first it would do the same thing as your car and it would start if I push start it, but then about 3 weeks later nothing would work, I just had to wait until it would start. Turned out to be my ECU.

JReynosaMay-02-04 10:23 AM
396 posts,
#11025, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by MoreBoost
I had a problem similar to that back then. At first it would do the same thing as your car and it would start if I push start it, but then about 3 weeks later nothing would work, I just had to wait until it would start. Turned out to be my ECU.

Did you need a new ecu?

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-02-04 02:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#11026, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by JReynosa
Originally posted by MoreBoost I had a problem similar to that back then. At first it would do the same thing as your car and it would start if I push start it, but then about 3 weeks later nothing would work, I just had to wait until it would start. Turned out to be my ECU.
Did you need a new ecu?

replace the caps.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

JReynosaMay-02-04 02:45 PM
396 posts,
#11027, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by JReynosa
Originally posted by MoreBoost I had a problem similar to that back then. At first it would do the same thing as your car and it would start if I push start it, but then about 3 weeks later nothing would work, I just had to wait until it would start. Turned out to be my ECU.
Did you need a new ecu?
replace the caps.

Where do i get those and how do i install them?

HybriDSMMay-03-04 02:12 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#11028, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 8

vfaq.com has a section on the leaking capacitors. There are three 'caps' on the ecu that go bad over time and you can order them from digikey.com (I believe that is the right name for the website).

Take the ECU out and take it to an electronics repair shop and have the guy solder the new caps on and clean the board.

All of this is contingent on the fact that it is in fact the caps that are leaking. Take the ECU out, open the cover and see if anything is oozing, or, if it smells like fish, you know it's leaky caps.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

JReynosaMay-08-04 09:56 AM
396 posts,
#11029, "RE: Car wont start"
In response to Reply # 9

It was the starter. Just got done putting a new one in.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11019 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic