Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectCar wont start
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=11019
11019, Car wont start
Posted by JReynosa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It started fine all day. I turned it off to run in the house and get something. When I got back in to start it wouldn't even crank.I had to push start it just so I could get it going so I could park it else where. Any suggestions? Starter?
11020, RE: Car wont start
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
does it start cold?
11021, RE: Car wont start
The car started his morning but when I turn it off and tried to start it again, it was a no go.
11022, RE: Car wont start
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Let it sit for an hour or so and try it again. Sometimes they have problems starting again after warming up.

http://www.dsm.org/how-tos/JFM/HotStart.html

Just some info. It does not sound like you have that problem, but it doesn't hurt to try.
11023, RE: Car wont start
I just tried to restart it, but it didn't start
11024, RE: Car wont start
Posted by MoreBoost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had a problem similar to that back then. At first it would do the same thing as your car and it would start if I push start it, but then about 3 weeks later nothing would work, I just had to wait until it would start. Turned out to be my ECU.
11025, RE: Car wont start
Originally posted by MoreBoost
I had a problem similar to that back then. At first it would do the same thing as your car and it would start if I push start it, but then about 3 weeks later nothing would work, I just had to wait until it would start. Turned out to be my ECU.

Did you need a new ecu?
11026, RE: Car wont start
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by JReynosa
Originally posted by MoreBoost I had a problem similar to that back then. At first it would do the same thing as your car and it would start if I push start it, but then about 3 weeks later nothing would work, I just had to wait until it would start. Turned out to be my ECU.
Did you need a new ecu?

replace the caps.
11027, RE: Car wont start
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by JReynosa
Originally posted by MoreBoost I had a problem similar to that back then. At first it would do the same thing as your car and it would start if I push start it, but then about 3 weeks later nothing would work, I just had to wait until it would start. Turned out to be my ECU.
Did you need a new ecu?
replace the caps.

Where do i get those and how do i install them?
11028, RE: Car wont start
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
vfaq.com has a section on the leaking capacitors. There are three 'caps' on the ecu that go bad over time and you can order them from digikey.com (I believe that is the right name for the website).

Take the ECU out and take it to an electronics repair shop and have the guy solder the new caps on and clean the board.

All of this is contingent on the fact that it is in fact the caps that are leaking. Take the ECU out, open the cover and see if anything is oozing, or, if it smells like fish, you know it's leaky caps.
11029, RE: Car wont start
It was the starter. Just got done putting a new one in.
11030, RE: Car wont start
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check your caps anyway. You have a 91, so I am sure they need replacement. Check out Vfaq.com as per Hybrid's comment and follow the directions. It would be better to catch the problem before it starts.
I generated this page in 0.010235071182251 seconds, executing 7 queries.