Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29075
View in threaded mode

Subject: "What should I do?" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseSixApr-01-06 11:48 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29075, "What should I do?"
Apr-01-06 11:49 AM by EclipseSix

This is how the car looks now. Its riding on 17x7 Enkei RSF-2s with yokohama 225/45/17 avs es100s.

I'm thinking of getting Eibach Sportlines with tokico illuminas. Would this be a good setupand eliminate that nasty wheel gap I have? 9ok not eliminate, but make it much less noticeable) The sportlines are a 2" drop, and as you can see the cars parked on a driveway that has at least a 2-4 inch curb at the bottom... will I be able to make it up over that curb (at an angle) without scraping? Or should I go with the pro kit 1.6 inch drop. It just seems like 2 inches would put the front bumper soooo low to the ground... but I could always back into the driveway. What do you think.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
eclipse_99rsApr-01-06 02:44 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29076, "RE: What should I do?"
In response to Reply # 0

I think i have been driving around on sportlines for 4 years now and have had very few problems so far. If you get the sportlines you just have to pay attention to what you are driving over.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseSixApr-01-06 03:05 PM
305 posts,
#29077, "RE: What should I do?"
In response to Reply # 1

How is the ride? A "good" ride is very important to me. Right now its a bit rough with the stockers on because of the low-prof tires. Makes me jealous of these toyotas and hondas thats ride so smooth (my friend's camry feels like a cadillac ride compared to mine).

I've read mixed things on 2gnt, but mostly about the pro-kit. So the sportlines will probably be my choice, the lower I can get away with the better, but yeah, the ride and risk are important to me as well.

eclipse_99rsApr-01-06 03:28 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#29078, "RE: What should I do?"
In response to Reply # 2

The ride is a little rougher than stock, but it allows you to get a better feel of the road. Give it a couple of months and you wont even notice it.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

EclipseSixApr-01-06 04:04 PM
305 posts,
#29079, "RE: What should I do?"
In response to Reply # 3

I don't notice my current ride except when I have company in it and I don't have the radio goin as loud. Then I kinda get that self-concious feeling as I hear every little crack and bump in the road as we go over it. Oh well. I think I read somewhere about another brand.. tein maybe? Having a good soft ride? I dunno maybe the illuminas will help a bit? Either way thats prolly the setup i'm gonna go with.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29075 Previous topic | Next topic