Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31681
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Energy Suspension Motor Mounts" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
Nisshoku81Dec-22-08 12:30 AM
Member since Nov 11th 2007
174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31681, "Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"

About two weeks ago I installed ES Motor Mount inserts in my front motor mount and I thought I felt a difference but I think it was just me. The car still had the same smooth idle so I was wondering what everyone was talking about the car vibrating more. Today I finally worked up the nerve to install the back motor mount. It was much easier than I was expecting. I took a test drive right after I was done and damn, the vibration lol. Only when idle, it's noticeable. Once i'm driving it feels normal. The car definitely feels solid now but am I suppose to notice any other differences besides the vibration?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
740 turbo brickDec-22-08 02:41 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31682, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 0

Whats that vibration like? Is it like a good engine-y vibration or an annoying one?

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Nisshoku81Dec-22-08 09:11 AM
174 posts,
#31683, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 1

It's definitely a good engine-y vibration haha. It easly noticeable the vibration is caused by the engine not being able to move as freely anymore.

PetriDec-22-08 11:11 PM
Member since May 25th 2006
25 posts,
#31699, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 2

I think I have heard or this only happening when the front motor mount is installed, Why don't you do some testing for us and take out the front and tell us what it feels like, if u have extra time

Nisshoku81Dec-23-08 05:34 PM
174 posts,
#31710, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 3

So I took out the front motor mount and the vibration is still there. I actually replaced the front mount at least 2 weeks before doing the rear and the vibration started when I did the rear which make since in a way. I've gotten used to it and it really doesn't bother me anymore. It feels very sturdy now. One question, if I replace the side mounts, how much more vibration will come from it?

Thanks everyone!

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-24-08 07:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#31711, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Nisshoku81
One question, if I replace the side mounts, how much more vibration will come from it? Thanks everyone!

Haha, man I was about to reply and say...wait till you install the side mount insert. You might think it is too much, but you get used to it. Personally, I like it and it never bothered me.

A word of advice...when you remove that side mount remember you will need to have the steel ring that runs around the inside diameter of the mount pressed out or removed in some fashion then the insert will pop right in.

I contributed to the Wiki.

RoninEclipse2GDec-24-08 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31712, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 5

do the window rattle fix before you do the side mounts and you won't be bothered

I just filled my mounts with urethane, wasn't too much vibration, I imagine that the ES solid mounts would be a little harsher

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

foggy45Dec-24-08 01:42 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#31713, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 6

replaced front with an AFX solid mount, and the rest with Prothanes.
yeah . . . not bad but you definatly know its not stock, like getting a hummer while you idle

HOWEVER one issue that might creep up is soem sensors not liking the vibration too much.
my IAT hates me now

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Nisshoku81Dec-24-08 11:21 PM
174 posts,
#31714, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks for all the replies. As far as pounding out the press ring inside of the side motor mounts, I've done it before. You can never be ready for the amount of hell those things unleash on you lol. I think I will be doing my side mounts as soon as I start doing my suspension. I plan on ordering Tokico Illuminas next month. Man I can't wait.

As far as the window fix, I will definitely need to do this soon. Is there a writeup floating around here some where? Lastly, I couldn't imagine having solid mounts. I don't feel the need to fall out of my car in a concussion lol j/m. What do you think about the Energy Suspension complete suspension bushing set? I'm definitely going to buy it but wanted some input.

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-27-08 03:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#31820, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 8

Here's what I've found on the window rattle fix.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=90915

I contributed to the Wiki.

halfasss101Jan-01-09 11:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#31854, "RE: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 9

I am assuming the prothane motor mount inserts are just as good? Anybody like one brand more than the other or the same, just different name?

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31681 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic