Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26516
View in threaded mode

Subject: "2g VS 3g Rotors" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTMar-12-05 07:43 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26516, "2g VS 3g Rotors"

Does anyone know if the 3g eclipse rotors fit the 2g as well? a local has a wilwood big brake kit for sale that he pulled from his 3g 2002 eclipse, and i wanted to snake it from him but didnt know if the rotors would fit up to my 2gnt or not. an easy yes or no would work, thanks

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
turbo8uMar-12-05 07:53 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26517, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 0

you know honestly i dont think so...

but i could be wrong

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTMar-12-05 07:59 AM
6314 posts,
#26519, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by turbo8u
you know honestly i dont think so... but i could be wrong

pooop. i tried looking it up on the rotora site but they dont even have a listing for a 2g or a 3g. just the 1g, lol. hmmm, anyone else have an idea?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

DracasMar-12-05 11:53 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2004
330 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26520, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 2

My friend and I were gonna try it before he got rid of his 3g, but we never got around to it.

eclipse982nrRSTMar-12-05 12:31 PM
6314 posts,
#26521, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Dracas
My friend and I were gonna try it before he got rid of his 3g, but we never got around to it.

try what? putting the kit on or fabbing them up to fit?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

DracasMar-12-05 12:52 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2004
330 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26522, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-12-05 12:53 PM by Dracas

just trying to swap the stock rotors

WIDECLIPSEMar-12-05 12:57 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#26523, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 5

My buddies swapped wheels from a 1g to a 3g, so the bolt pattern is the same. I'm pretty sure the rest would fit.

-Roman

Ducking_FumbassMar-13-05 05:01 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#26524, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 6

Well, what's interesting is that the Evo brakes bolt right up to the 3G. I don't know if those brakes are compatable with our knuckle and hub, though. I would be interested in finding out, if you feel like making the effort...

eclipse982nrRSTMar-13-05 06:55 AM
6314 posts,
#26525, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
Well, what's interesting is that the Evo brakes bolt right up to the 3G. I don't know if those brakes are compatable with our knuckle and hub, though. I would be interested in finding out, if you feel like making the effort...

for $150 bucks for a front and rear rotora big brake kit, im going to attempt it

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

scothernMar-14-05 08:04 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#26534, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 8

Might as well. If not I'm sure you could sell the mand make your money back

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

Keith2172Mar-14-05 12:53 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#26538, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 9

Like has been stated I'm sure the bolt pattern is right because a 2G with 3G rims on it are a dime a dozen, good luck on the hub, and I take it you already have bigger rims (16+)

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26516 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic