Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26516
View in threaded mode

Subject: "2g VS 3g Rotors" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTMar-12-05 07:43 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26516, "2g VS 3g Rotors"

Does anyone know if the 3g eclipse rotors fit the 2g as well? a local has a wilwood big brake kit for sale that he pulled from his 3g 2002 eclipse, and i wanted to snake it from him but didnt know if the rotors would fit up to my 2gnt or not. an easy yes or no would work, thanks

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
eclipse982nrRSTMar-14-05 01:47 PM
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26539, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Keith2172
Like has been stated I'm sure the bolt pattern is right because a 2G with 3G rims on it are a dime a dozen, good luck on the hub, and I take it you already have bigger rims (16+)

19" rims

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamAvengerMar-14-05 07:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#26542, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 11

2g rotors and 3g rotors are exactly the same. Did a brake job on my sister's 3g and the rotors looked exactly like mine. As for the caliper assembly ... I want to say they are the same but I'm not sure. I think they are but I'm not positive.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Keith2172Mar-15-05 04:53 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#26543, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
19" rims

WoW! Thats a lot of rim.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

SILVERNTMar-16-05 03:10 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#26556, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by Avenger
2g rotors and 3g rotors are exactly the same. Did a brake job on my sister's 3g and the rotors looked exactly like mine. As for the caliper assembly ... I want to say they are the same but I'm not sure. I think they are but I'm not positive.

you are correct sir

Ducking_FumbassMar-16-05 01:58 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#26564, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 14

I have found a preponderance of evidence to suggest that the calipers are different, in spite of the rotors being identical. It is a pity, as it would be nice to be able to use the Evo brakes. <shrug>

eclipse982nrRSTMar-16-05 02:10 PM
6314 posts,
#26565, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by Keith2172
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST 19" rims
WoW! Thats a lot of rim.

bigger the better right? lol

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

bedlam32570Mar-18-05 08:29 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
1240 posts,
#26587, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 16

if anything you can go to this site and buy both the front and back kit

http://tceperformanceproducts.com/

that's if you wanna buy a whole kit though.

kain_99gsMar-20-05 03:30 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#26606, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
pooop. i tried looking it up on the rotora site but they dont even have a listing for a 2g or a 3g. just the 1g, lol. hmmm, anyone else have an idea?

our cars are not supposed to go fast enough for us to need big brakes

thedawgMar-21-05 06:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#26614, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by kain_99gs
our cars are not supposed to go fast enough for us to need big brakes

You can warp a set of factory 2gnt rotors in 30 seconds. Just get the car up to its blazing 120mph top speed and come to a stop as quickly as possible. Instant rotor mush. Mitsubishi sucks.

prop7459Mar-30-05 05:03 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
139 posts,
#26694, "RE: 2g VS 3g Rotors"
In response to Reply # 19

If you are looking for bigger brakes do the VR4 conversion. Some hacking is needed but nothing major I would assume. Also you to have at least 18x8.5 rims for clearance for the calipers.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26516 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic