Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #355
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone had this problem?" Previous topic | Next topic
RAIZINJan-05-01 04:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#355, "Anyone had this problem?"

the front left of my car sits slightly higher than the rest of the car. Anyone know why?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
SabotJan-06-01 09:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#356, "RE: Anyone had this problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

Same thing here don't know why.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Tony M (Guest)Jan-07-01 07:25 AM

#357, "RE: Anyone had this problem?"
In response to Reply # 1

i have the same thing...noticed it when i put my pro kits on....weird

tony

TeamMichael_97RSJan-09-01 02:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#358, "RE: Anyone had this problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

Possiblility... The engine sits with more of the weigh on the passenger side of the car The engine block is on the passenger side of the car and the trans on the drivers. Trans doesnt weigh as much as the engine so you have more weight on that side pushign it down. But when a driver sits in the car you've added approx 200lbs to the drivers side and the car probably sits better/mor eevenly with a driver in it. Have some one sit in the drivers seat and take a look.
My thoughts...

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TeamDeanoDJan-09-01 02:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#359, "you are too funny"
In response to Reply # 3

Good try though. My car actually sits slightly higher on the passenger side. I very rarely have a passenger sit in the car and I just figured it was my large butt causing my springs to settle more on my drivers side. I guess this blows my theory out of the water also

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

eclipsekaiserJan-09-01 11:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#360, "RE: you are too funny"
In response to Reply # 4

maybe you should check to see if the strut is seated correctly into the hole. There is suppose to be a notch on the side of the strut that fit into this little groove on the fork. Otherwise it could be due to weight or spring sag.

-K-

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #355 Previous topic | Next topic