Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6438
View in threaded mode

Subject: "who make's the best over all sway bar's for the 2gnt" Previous topic | Next topic
G_Talon95Feb-05-02 04:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
72 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6438, "who make's the best over all sway bar's for the 2gnt"

ya,,i just got my shock's and springs ,,,and just need to know witch is the best over all front/rear sway bar's ,,if ya guys know of any sites that would have them ,,that would be a big help.

i have a 91-240sx with eibach pro-kit,, kyb agx shocks,,16,7.5 k1 racing wheels,,,k&n ram air intake,,,Blitz exhaust system ,,msd wires,,and plugs ,,300lb's tooking out of car ,,, ,,and now going to save up for a GSX600,and do an engine swap sometime the

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Thunderous_TalonFeb-05-02 05:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6439, "RE: who make's the best over all sway bar's for the 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 0

RMDSM makes the best bars. you can get em at RMDSM.com only thing is, since you have a talon you'll have to switch out the rear lower arms because they arent equipped for sway bars... heres the link for what you'll need. just minus the bar since you'll be ordering em.
http://www.houstonhardware.com/~cbehnken/sway.html

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KarlFeb-05-02 07:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6440, "RE: who make's the best over all sway bar's for the 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 0

RM Racing, Suspension Techniques, and Progress all make sway bar kits for us. The most popular among DSMs is the RM bars. THe front RM bar is 20.6mm while the rear is 17.5mm. The S.T. rear bar is 3/4", but I forgot the front diameter. In contrast, the Progress sway bars both measure 22mm. If you only want the rear sway bar, then you will have to stay away from RM as they only sell them as a kit; however, if you want a cheap rear sway bar, then you get the stock GS-T (.59"). If you do get both bars, be aware that you will have to get used to driving it because your car will handle very differently that before.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-05-02 07:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#6441, "RE: who make's the best over all sway bar's for the 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 2

How much are the progress rear bars?

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

mkerleyFeb-05-02 08:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#6442, "RE: who make's the best over all sway bar's for the 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 3

I found'em for 110, but that was some time ago. Don't know current price. That should give you ballpark though.

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

iamnotwhoiamFeb-05-02 08:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#6443, "RE: who make's the best over all sway bar's for the 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah i totally recomend the RMDSM sway bars.. i so want to get them.. one question though.. is it required to get the new bushings that are listed or does the kit include these.. hmm decisions, decisions.. but soon enough i want to get dem bars..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6438 Previous topic | Next topic