Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14672
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Brakes Sqeak" Previous topic | Next topic
jpenrod02Jan-05-03 10:00 AM
Member since Jan 01st 2003
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14672, "Brakes Sqeak"

My brakes sqeak bad, there brand new and I turned the rotors, there carbon metalic brakes. Any suggestions, or cures.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
KarlJan-05-03 12:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14673, "RE: Brakes Sqeak"
In response to Reply # 0

Put on some anti-squeal compound. What kind of pads are you using? Are your rotors ok? Are your pads almost gone?

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jpenrod02Jan-05-03 01:05 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2003
33 posts,
#14674, "RE: Brakes Sqeak"
In response to Reply # 0

I turned the rotors, and they look fine, brake pads are carbon metallic. How does that work and where can I get it.

coClipse_97Jan-05-03 06:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
361 posts,
#14675, "RE: Brakes Sqeak"
In response to Reply # 2

If you just put new pads on it's normal for them to squeak for a few days as they wear in a little. If it's been longer than that just run by an autozone or somewhere similar. They should have that compound you need

juggaloJan-06-03 03:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#14676, "RE: Brakes Sqeak"
In response to Reply # 3

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcforum/DCForumID25/6800.html
In this ^^^^^^^^^ post, XtremeRS says
"From what i have been told, Carbon Metalic pads are used by most hard core racing people( Nascar, Indy car, ect). They wear very little, and can take a lot of heat, and transfer heat better than any other pad. They also dont produce much brake dust either. The only downfall to them, is that they can be rather noisy..they squeal"

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

mcgyvrJan-06-03 03:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#14677, "RE: Brakes Sqeak"
In response to Reply # 4

Ive got carbon metallics from autozone and they dont make any noise at all, perfectly quite, and they stop nice too, and they have a lifetime warranty and I get a new set for free everytime I replace them, its nice

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

djtrickeeJan-06-03 03:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#14678, "RE: Brakes Sqeak"
In response to Reply # 5

^^^ Those carbon pads from Autozone? Do you think they are an upgrade from the stock pads in stopping performance? Do you think they are any good? How much do they cost at autozone?
Thanks,
Chris b.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

taloniizedJan-06-03 05:02 PM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
786 posts,
#14679, "RE: Brakes Sqeak"
In response to Reply # 6

I just bought carbon metallic brake pads for the front at autozone and organic brake pads for the rear at checker auto and they both came with shims, but i bought some of that brake quiet compound just in case, i'll be installing my dimple drilled/slotted rotors tomorrow or this weekend and i'll let you guys know how it went.

1995 Eagle Talon Esi
14.4 @ 102MPH
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, Arizona

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14672 Previous topic | Next topic