Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectBrakes Sqeak
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=14672
14672, Brakes Sqeak
Posted by jpenrod02, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My brakes sqeak bad, there brand new and I turned the rotors, there carbon metalic brakes. Any suggestions, or cures.
14673, RE: Brakes Sqeak
Posted by Karl, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Put on some anti-squeal compound. What kind of pads are you using? Are your rotors ok? Are your pads almost gone?
14674, RE: Brakes Sqeak
Posted by jpenrod02, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I turned the rotors, and they look fine, brake pads are carbon metallic. How does that work and where can I get it.
14675, RE: Brakes Sqeak
Posted by coClipse_97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you just put new pads on it's normal for them to squeak for a few days as they wear in a little. If it's been longer than that just run by an autozone or somewhere similar. They should have that compound you need
14676, RE: Brakes Sqeak
Posted by juggalo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcforum/DCForumID25/6800.html
In this ^^^^^^^^^ post, XtremeRS says
"From what i have been told, Carbon Metalic pads are used by most hard core racing people( Nascar, Indy car, ect). They wear very little, and can take a lot of heat, and transfer heat better than any other pad. They also dont produce much brake dust either. The only downfall to them, is that they can be rather noisy..they squeal"
14677, RE: Brakes Sqeak
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ive got carbon metallics from autozone and they dont make any noise at all, perfectly quite, and they stop nice too, and they have a lifetime warranty and I get a new set for free everytime I replace them, its nice
14678, RE: Brakes Sqeak
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
^^^ Those carbon pads from Autozone? Do you think they are an upgrade from the stock pads in stopping performance? Do you think they are any good? How much do they cost at autozone?
Thanks,
Chris b.
14679, RE: Brakes Sqeak
Posted by taloniized, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just bought carbon metallic brake pads for the front at autozone and organic brake pads for the rear at checker auto and they both came with shims, but i bought some of that brake quiet compound just in case, i'll be installing my dimple drilled/slotted rotors tomorrow or this weekend and i'll let you guys know how it went.
I generated this page in 0.0077438354492188 seconds, executing 7 queries.