Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8863
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???" Previous topic | Next topic
KahnApr-24-02 03:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8863, "Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???"

I think I may have two of my rims on backwards??? Only for about 100 miles - what is the danger here??? help please. Also, how do you tell which direction - thanks all.

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
flossinpnoyracerApr-24-02 04:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8864, "RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???"
In response to Reply # 0

yes they are directional the only problem i see is when u are gonna rotate tires in the long run everything will be off... and in the rain maybe an unsteady ride but not sure bnecause of the water flow

1999 GST

1997 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mkerleyApr-24-02 04:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#8865, "RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???"
In response to Reply # 1

They should have arrows (at least mine show direction of rotation).

Don't know of any probs this could create. I would fix it though. there's gotta be a reason they say they should only spin one way.

Matt

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

slacker911Apr-24-02 07:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#8866, "RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???"
In response to Reply # 2

the treads should be pointed so that it moves the water towards the outside of the tire when you are moving forward. If they are put on backwards the tread will carry the water towards the center of the tire and this could cause you to hydroplane. so if the front of the car is the top of the screen all the tires should have the tread like this ^ hope that makes some kinda sense.

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

Teameclipse804Apr-24-02 10:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#8867, "RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???"
In response to Reply # 3

Just look at the arrows on the tires. They should point towards the front of the car as they rotate. So it would move clockwise when you drive. It's really bad for the rain because the tread is meant to let water through, but on dry ground, it won't make too much of a difference if its the wrong way.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Amish_EclipseApr-25-02 04:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#8868, "RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???"
In response to Reply # 4

there's arrows on the sidewall and you can look at the tread they sould look like an arrow. the arrow points to the front of the car. slacker is right if your tires on on backwards your gonna pull water into the tire and your guaranteed to hydroplane.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

KahnApr-25-02 12:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
#8869, "RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks all - swapped em today - it got a little scary in the rain but nothing happened. New rims are fun. I'll take pics soon.

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8863 Previous topic | Next topic