Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectAre Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=8863
8863, Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???
Posted by Kahn, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think I may have two of my rims on backwards??? Only for about 100 miles - what is the danger here??? help please. Also, how do you tell which direction - thanks all.
8864, RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???
Posted by flossinpnoyracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

yes they are directional the only problem i see is when u are gonna rotate tires in the long run everything will be off... and in the rain maybe an unsteady ride but not sure bnecause of the water flow
8865, RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???
Posted by mkerley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They should have arrows (at least mine show direction of rotation).

Don't know of any probs this could create. I would fix it though. there's gotta be a reason they say they should only spin one way.

Matt

8866, RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???
Posted by slacker911, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the treads should be pointed so that it moves the water towards the outside of the tire when you are moving forward. If they are put on backwards the tread will carry the water towards the center of the tire and this could cause you to hydroplane. so if the front of the car is the top of the screen all the tires should have the tread like this ^ hope that makes some kinda sense.
8867, RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just look at the arrows on the tires. They should point towards the front of the car as they rotate. So it would move clockwise when you drive. It's really bad for the rain because the tread is meant to let water through, but on dry ground, it won't make too much of a difference if its the wrong way.
8868, RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
there's arrows on the sidewall and you can look at the tread they sould look like an arrow. the arrow points to the front of the car. slacker is right if your tires on on backwards your gonna pull water into the tire and your guaranteed to hydroplane.
8869, RE: Are Kuhmo Ecsta's Directional???
Posted by Kahn, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks all - swapped em today - it got a little scary in the rain but nothing happened. New rims are fun. I'll take pics soon.
I generated this page in 0.008746862411499 seconds, executing 7 queries.