Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6393
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?" Previous topic | Next topic
markjavierFeb-03-02 03:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
45 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6393, "Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"

Who makes a strut bar that doesn't block the oil cap?

Mark S. Javier
99 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
1TuffRSFeb-04-02 07:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6394, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

you should join the nuespeed strut bar group buy. It comes no where near the oil cap and in fact you can even put another bar in the normal location in addition to the nuespeed bar. Its only 68 bucks (if your using paypal 65 otherwise). the post is in the announcements section or you can email me and i will give you the guys info. 75 people have signed up for the bar, but only 54 have paid, so c'mon join already

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AFeb-04-02 09:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#6395, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't have any problems getting my oil cap off and the strut bar goes right over top of it. There is about 2 inches of space under the bar to grab the oil cap and spin it off.

You can also see the neuspeed bar back by the firewall.

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
MSD DIS-2 Ignition System
Some Regrind Cams that need High Compression (which I don't have)
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Drop in K&N Filter and open airbox
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Hurricane_GS Short Shifter
Symborsky Shift Kit
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9's in the rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

domrFeb-04-02 02:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
107 posts,
#6396, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 2

do you recommend the neuspeed bar? i have pilot fu and ru, and the rre fl bars. ps...the rear pilot bar sucks.

dom

markjavierFeb-04-02 04:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
45 posts,
#6397, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 2

How does the neuspeed strut bar mount? I was thinking about getting one, and giving into the peer pressure.

Mark S. Javier
99 RS

Fast420AFeb-05-02 12:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#6398, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 4

>How does the neuspeed strut bar mount? I was thinking about
>getting one, and giving into the peer pressure.

Look at the picture of my engine bay I posted and you will see the black neuspeed bar back by the firewall.

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
MSD DIS-2 Ignition System
Some Regrind Cams that need High Compression (which I don't have)
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Drop in K&N Filter and open airbox
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Hurricane_GS Short Shifter
Symborsky Shift Kit
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9's in the rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

markjavierFeb-05-02 09:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
45 posts,
#6399, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 5

I can see the picture, but I can't see how or where it mounts in the engine bay.

Mark S. Javier
99 RS

RyaN95i4Feb-05-02 02:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#6400, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 6

i have the pilot stb and the neuspeed. even with the pilot (and its bent lower on the A/S cause we have less hood clearance) i can still get the oil cap off.

and this is how the neuspeed bar mounts. thats the A-Arm Anchor bolt. i think the neuspeed bar actually does more since it ties the two anchor bolts together.

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

ModeratorjuanFeb-05-02 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#6401, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

$65 for non-oil cap blocking bar here:

http://www.asog.net/bbs2/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=9632&forum=2&start=0

http://www.2gnt.com/dcforum/DCForumID14/1158.html
A bunch of us 2GNTers are in on this with the ASOG guys, but we need 17 more orders for it to go through. If you already have a bar, you can add this so you'll have two!

juan

markjavierFeb-06-02 04:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
45 posts,
#6402, "RE: Non-oil cap blocking stut bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks guys for answering my questions. I'm giving into the peer pressure, and ordering one. You guys should be used car salesmen or somethin

Mark S. Javier
99 RS

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6393 Previous topic | Next topic