Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4216
View in threaded mode

Subject: "AGX and coilovers" Previous topic | Next topic
RAIZINNov-23-01 01:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4216, "AGX and coilovers"

Has anybody done or seen anyone else knock off the perches on the AGX adjustables? I wanna put in my V-specs that have been book ends for the past year.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratorEvuLFleANov-23-01 02:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4217, "RE: AGX and coilovers"
In response to Reply # 0

I heard the AGX's are short enough and if you knock of the perch than the collar will sit even lower. Also the v-spec are probably short coilovers by themself so I don't think that it would be the best strut/coilover set up.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teameclipse804Nov-23-01 03:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4218, "RE: AGX and coilovers"
In response to Reply # 0

Someone told me that it wouldn't work with the AGX or would not be easy because you can't knock off the perch. I heard you have to grind it off carefully if you do it. Also, the front AGX shocks are shorter than stock shocks, so you might not need to cut the perches like Evulflea said. The backs may need to be grinded down. Also, make sure your vspecs fit over the shock well, because a guy at the shop had some where the collars weren't even big enough to go over the shock (diameter was too small). Good luck.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

HadesOmegaNov-25-01 10:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#4219, "RE: AGX and coilovers"
In response to Reply # 2

my AGXs with skunk2s have no perchers. Haha I don't even know how it stays on there, I bought em used off of ebay, preinstalled. Just how do you get the sleeve to stay on there? I heard silicon glue or welding?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Teameclipse804Nov-25-01 12:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4220, "RE: AGX and coilovers"
In response to Reply # 3

There are rubber O-rings, that keep the collar in place. But, inside the collar, it is thinner diameter on one end, and thicker on the other, so where it changes diameter, it's supposed to rest on the welds that remain from the spring perch. Hope that makes sense.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4216 Previous topic | Next topic