Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectAGX and coilovers
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4216
4216, AGX and coilovers
Posted by RAIZIN, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Has anybody done or seen anyone else knock off the perches on the AGX adjustables? I wanna put in my V-specs that have been book ends for the past year.
4217, RE: AGX and coilovers
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I heard the AGX's are short enough and if you knock of the perch than the collar will sit even lower. Also the v-spec are probably short coilovers by themself so I don't think that it would be the best strut/coilover set up.
4218, RE: AGX and coilovers
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Someone told me that it wouldn't work with the AGX or would not be easy because you can't knock off the perch. I heard you have to grind it off carefully if you do it. Also, the front AGX shocks are shorter than stock shocks, so you might not need to cut the perches like Evulflea said. The backs may need to be grinded down. Also, make sure your vspecs fit over the shock well, because a guy at the shop had some where the collars weren't even big enough to go over the shock (diameter was too small). Good luck.
4219, RE: AGX and coilovers
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my AGXs with skunk2s have no perchers. Haha I don't even know how it stays on there, I bought em used off of ebay, preinstalled. Just how do you get the sleeve to stay on there? I heard silicon glue or welding?
4220, RE: AGX and coilovers
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There are rubber O-rings, that keep the collar in place. But, inside the collar, it is thinner diameter on one end, and thicker on the other, so where it changes diameter, it's supposed to rest on the welds that remain from the spring perch. Hope that makes sense.
I generated this page in 0.010154008865356 seconds, executing 7 queries.