Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4090
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!" Previous topic | Next topic
Teameclipse804Nov-17-01 06:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4090, "I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"

Hey all, I just got an alignment today after getting the ball joint recall done. Before the recall, I had factory toe, but today when I went in, it was -0.83 toe on BOTH sides. Is that just some sort of coincidence? I don't think so, since both sides had exactly the same amount of negative toe. The factory specs allow up to -0.24 toe, so -0.83 is REALLY BAD. They aligned it and it's back to 0 toe on both sides now. I was previously told by the dealership you shouldn't need an alignment at all, but I guess in my case, I did. Just a word of warning. Probably not all people will have the same problem as I did.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
EvMan2345Nov-17-01 07:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4091, "RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"
In response to Reply # 0

Interesting... the dealer said something that wasnt true??? (please note the sarcasm)

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TNov-18-01 09:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#4092, "RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"
In response to Reply # 0

Funny, ...my dealership told me the exact opposite. I would need an alighment after my ball joint recall.

BTW, they replaced both joints on mine. I recommend everyone getting this done. I woudl bet for most people, nothing bad will happen. But just in case you're one of the few, there could be some very terrible consequences if you don't get this fixed.

Some dude over on ASOG told his story of almost gettign killed by a bad CV joint!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Teameclipse804Nov-18-01 09:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4093, "RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hmm if your dealer told you that you would need an alignment, shouldn't the dealership be responsible for doing it? Since the recall is the reason the alignment is off, shouldn't the recall cover it?

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

klipzracerNov-18-01 12:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#4094, "RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"
In response to Reply # 3

i'd say they would be responsible since they altered you suspensions setup. kinda like an insurance company owes you a rental car while it's in the shop.

1TuffRSNov-18-01 01:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#4095, "RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"
In response to Reply # 4

The dealership I went to told me it wouldnt affect my alignment too. I think my alignment is screwed up right now anyway and I need to get it fixed asap

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

TeamJasonESi_TNov-18-01 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#4096, "RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"
In response to Reply # 5

They said they would do the alignment if they coulda' got my car on their alignment machine. (but alas,...I'm too low)

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

ModeratorEvuLFleANov-18-01 06:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#4097, "RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"
In response to Reply # 6

I never aligned my car after lowering because it seemed to still track straigh and plus I had the same problem as Jason and nobody would do it.

Jason put your signature on! I love see your car.
Uhhh it showed up after I hit reply....But not before...interesting.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

LunarEclipseNov-19-01 06:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#4098, "RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!"
In response to Reply # 7

the dealership here in cerritos didn't say anything about getting my car aligned. They replaced both arms.

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4090 Previous topic | Next topic