Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectI had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4090
4090, I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey all, I just got an alignment today after getting the ball joint recall done. Before the recall, I had factory toe, but today when I went in, it was -0.83 toe on BOTH sides. Is that just some sort of coincidence? I don't think so, since both sides had exactly the same amount of negative toe. The factory specs allow up to -0.24 toe, so -0.83 is REALLY BAD. They aligned it and it's back to 0 toe on both sides now. I was previously told by the dealership you shouldn't need an alignment at all, but I guess in my case, I did. Just a word of warning. Probably not all people will have the same problem as I did.
4091, RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by EvMan2345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Interesting... the dealer said something that wasnt true??? (please note the sarcasm)
4092, RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Funny, ...my dealership told me the exact opposite. I would need an alighment after my ball joint recall.

BTW, they replaced both joints on mine. I recommend everyone getting this done. I woudl bet for most people, nothing bad will happen. But just in case you're one of the few, there could be some very terrible consequences if you don't get this fixed.

Some dude over on ASOG told his story of almost gettign killed by a bad CV joint!
4093, RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmm if your dealer told you that you would need an alignment, shouldn't the dealership be responsible for doing it? Since the recall is the reason the alignment is off, shouldn't the recall cover it?
4094, RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by klipzracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'd say they would be responsible since they altered you suspensions setup. kinda like an insurance company owes you a rental car while it's in the shop.
4095, RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The dealership I went to told me it wouldnt affect my alignment too. I think my alignment is screwed up right now anyway and I need to get it fixed asap
4096, RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They said they would do the alignment if they coulda' got my car on their alignment machine. (but alas,...I'm too low)
4097, RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I never aligned my car after lowering because it seemed to still track straigh and plus I had the same problem as Jason and nobody would do it.

Jason put your signature on! I love see your car.
Uhhh it showed up after I hit reply....But not before...interesting.
4098, RE: I had -0.83 TOE after ball joint recall! BAD!
Posted by LunarEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the dealership here in cerritos didn't say anything about getting my car aligned. They replaced both arms.
I generated this page in 0.010839939117432 seconds, executing 7 queries.