Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30497
View in threaded mode

Subject: "True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
DirtMegirtJun-06-07 12:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30497, "True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"

you can find it here.

Feedback is appreciated.

I would like to help contribute to a site that had provided so much for me. Thanks to all who make this site what it is.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
freelancefoolJun-06-07 01:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30498, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 0

Cool writeup on the wiki. The one thing I might add to it is a suggestion about getting the car aligned. Changing the ride height will change the camber. Any change in negative camber will give you toe in. This will scrub the inside of the tires faster than you would think.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

goalie40Jun-07-07 01:41 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#30506, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 1

a pic after the install would be nice so we can see ride height good write up you beat me to it I was gonna do one when I get my teins.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

DirtMegirtJun-07-07 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#30507, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 2

Good suggestion. I did take pics right after the install, but they were at night and didn't come out so well. Which tein's are you getting?

totaleclipse_05Jun-08-07 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#30508, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 3

I agree with the previous comments and would also like to add something about the "Stabilizer Link Mounting Nut" on the front suspension. Some years (I know my 99) didn't have the 14 mm box wrench backing on it, just around surface. Might want to add that in there for some people as they might get confused (as I did when I did my suspension install on the 99). Overall very good writeup!

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

DirtMegirtJun-08-07 12:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#30511, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Some years (I know my 99) didn't have the 14 mm box wrench backing on it, just around surface.

I had no idea. Thanks for the info. I will definently add that.

goalie40Jun-09-07 09:21 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#30514, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 5

im getting tein flex with edfc

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

totaleclipse_05Jun-09-07 05:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#30515, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by DirtMegirt
I had no idea. Thanks for the info. I will definently add that.

Yeah, I have no idea why they did that. If you go and get that part for replacement though, they include a part with the 14 mm wrench backing. Probably a way for Mitsu to save some money

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

DirtMegirtJun-11-07 12:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#30520, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by goalie40
im getting tein flex with edfc

So they should have the pillow-ball top mounts? If so, you should post some pics.

dalesmitsuJul-28-07 10:06 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#30623, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by DirtMegirt
you can find it here. Feedback is appreciated. I would like to help contribute to a site that had provided so much for me. Thanks to all who make this site what it is.

Wow, those are very decent and price is good too.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-29-07 12:42 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#30624, "RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki"
In response to Reply # 9

Very nice job.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30497 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic