Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectTrue Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30497
30497, True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Posted by DirtMegirt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you can find it here.

Feedback is appreciated.

I would like to help contribute to a site that had provided so much for me. Thanks to all who make this site what it is. :thumbsup
30498, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Cool writeup on the wiki. The one thing I might add to it is a suggestion about getting the car aligned. Changing the ride height will change the camber. Any change in negative camber will give you toe in. This will scrub the inside of the tires faster than you would think.
30506, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Posted by goalie40, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
a pic after the install would be nice so we can see ride height good write up you beat me to it I was gonna do one when I get my teins.
30507, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Good suggestion. I did take pics right after the install, but they were at night and didn't come out so well. Which tein's are you getting?
30508, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree with the previous comments and would also like to add something about the "Stabilizer Link Mounting Nut" on the front suspension. Some years (I know my 99) didn't have the 14 mm box wrench backing on it, just around surface. Might want to add that in there for some people as they might get confused (as I did when I did my suspension install on the 99). Overall very good writeup!
30511, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Some years (I know my 99) didn't have the 14 mm box wrench backing on it, just around surface.

I had no idea. Thanks for the info. I will definently add that.
30514, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Posted by goalie40, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im getting tein flex with edfc :)
30520, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Originally posted by goalie40
im getting tein flex with edfc :)

So they should have the pillow-ball top mounts? If so, you should post some pics.
30515, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DirtMegirt
I had no idea. Thanks for the info. I will definently add that.

Yeah, I have no idea why they did that. If you go and get that part for replacement though, they include a part with the 14 mm wrench backing. Probably a way for Mitsu to save some money :thumbsdown
30623, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DirtMegirt
you can find it here. Feedback is appreciated. I would like to help contribute to a site that had provided so much for me. Thanks to all who make this site what it is. :thumbsup

Wow, those are very decent and price is good too.

30624, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Very nice job.
30625, RE: True Coilover Install write-up added to Wiki
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Very nice job.

That means alot comin' from you Terry. Thanks. I still plan on puttin' up some pics of the car lowered. What I didn't realize was that Corbin wrote up a suspension change awhile ago, that is very similar :shrug. Thanks to all who fed-back. :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.010159969329834 seconds, executing 7 queries.