Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2753
View in threaded mode

Subject: "KVR Front Brake set up done!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMichael_97RSJun-11-01 03:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2753, "KVR Front Brake set up done!"

I installed my front KVR Cross Drilled rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Pads. I'm taking it easy on them for a while. Set the pads right and wear off the cad plating from the contact surface. But I can already feel these things grab real nice. If I need to I can tell they are going to stop on a dime. Very nice set up. I can't wait to add the Stainless Steel lines and do the rear disc conversion. Have to wait a couple weeks though next weekend is booked. Aside from the fact that they look small inside my 17" wheels, the cross-drilled rotors look awesome sitting behind the wheel. I guess we'll really see how they performe at the shootout.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17.

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. Silver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads.

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar, SS Clutch Line.

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamStan2gntJun-11-01 03:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2754, "RE: KVR Front Brake set up done!"
In response to Reply # 0

I've seen a few mounted on our car and they weren't mounted anywhere near the valvecover. way down by where the air filter is. I dont see any harm in mounting it anywhere. Gases will still escape the crankcase and oil will still drain into the catch can.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon 420A-Turbo
Former and future nitrous user

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSJun-12-01 02:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2755, "RE: KVR Front Brake set up done!"
In response to Reply # 1

Let me guess Stan... wrong thread?

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17.

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. Silver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads.

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

jZaJun-14-01 01:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#2756, "RE: KVR Front Brake set up done!"
In response to Reply # 2

glad i'm not THAT dumb

javi d
vroom n' boom

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-14-01 04:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2757, "RE: KVR Front Brake set up done!"
In response to Reply # 3

Wrong thread

Gawd, i wish i could afford new brakes. Anyone have some affordable options? My braking license is up for renewal and i want something other than OEM crap...

Anyone.. gimme options, $550 or under...

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

HadesOmegaJun-14-01 08:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#2758, "RE: KVR Front Brake set up done!"
In response to Reply # 4

Does KVR sell drilled and slotted? Where'd you find these also? Price? I'm looking to upgrade my brakes somewhere along th eline.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

LotalonJun-15-01 12:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
256 posts,
#2759, "RE: KVR Front Brake set up done!"
In response to Reply # 4

i just got kvr crossdrilled on all 4 corners and carbon pads for 600.00 canadian thats only like 350us.

Now that is cost on them so u would be looks porb 400-450us for a set of 4 discs and new pads

TeamMichael_97RSJun-15-01 02:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2760, "Ask and yee shall receive"
In response to Reply # 6

The whole set up. 4 rotors cross-drilled cadmium plated and KVR Carbon Fiber Pads, Rotors were $131/$129 a pair and pads were $115 for front and rear, Cadmium plating was $48 for four, total it was $441 shipped to my door. I ordered from: http://www.spmotorsports.com If you call talk to Joe, he's a good guy. If you want Cross-drilled and Slotted rotors they can get them form you, but it will make the total package cost like $580, it adds about $35 a rotor. If you can't get through keep trying. They are very busy and it took me a couple days to get a hold of Joe. I just looked and priced went up on the front rotors by $10 so fronts are now $141. If you want the Cadmium plating it's $15 a rotor, $28 a pair, and $48 for four. Still the best price I've seen for KVR, and I looked around, ask Deano, I bothered him about them.

Firefly:

TeamAvengerJun-15-01 02:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#2761, "RE: Ask and yee shall receive"
In response to Reply # 7

Time to change your signiture again!!!!

-Avenger
99 Eclipse RS out of the shop!!

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

TeamMichael_97RSJun-15-01 05:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2762, "RE: Ask and yee shall receive"
In response to Reply # 8

Better?

"Claim Victory in your heart, and the universe will follow."

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Clutch Line, Rear Motor Mount Ins.

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar

Waiting for: Intake Manifold being ported/polished, EGT, A/F Meter

Firefly:

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2753 Previous topic | Next topic