Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26115
View in threaded mode

Subject: "picked up some new wheels for the ride..." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
siueclipseJan-13-05 01:43 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26115, "picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
Jan-13-05 01:43 PM by siueclipse

They will be here by next thursday or friday. Ill shoot some pics when I get them installed.. I picked them up from wheelmax.com with tires for $1760 mounted, balanced, and shipped.

HP Racing 19x8.5 - Hyper Black w/ Chrome lip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
eclipse_99rsJan-13-05 04:45 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26116, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice! I just got these in the mail today too.

17/7
What tires did they come with?

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

siueclipseJan-13-05 04:50 PM
3504 posts,
#26117, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 1

some type of bf goodwrench tires. some spinoff company from them.. i dont remember. doesn't matter cause these are just for around town.

BumpinTalonJan-13-05 06:26 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#26118, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 2

good choice. the Evo bumper and those rims will make a very very nice combo. and 19" too, blingin

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

jerseystyle1Jan-14-05 01:56 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#26124, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
good choice. the Evo bumper and those rims will make a very very nice combo. and 19" too, blingin

I agree 100%. They are going to look awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

siueclipseJan-14-05 04:30 AM
3504 posts,
#26127, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 4

yeah i can't wait. this will be the first time i have ever purchased brand new wheels that are this big.

Ryan_HesJan-17-05 04:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#26141, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-17-05 04:22 PM by Ryan_Hes

You will be in love. There is nothing like pulling the wrapping and lifting your new 19" rim out of the box...it seems REALLY massive. It just rocks. Club 19 yeah!

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

RSClipse9d7Jan-18-05 04:25 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#26144, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 6

Nice. Anyone know how that effects gas milage? I was thinking about 19's before because they look so damn good but I was afraid of all the extra weight.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

siueclipseJan-18-05 04:48 AM
3504 posts,
#26145, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 7

ehhh.... i have no worries about gas milage. i already get shitty milage cause i have a heavy foot.

BTW.. the wheels will be here Wednesday!

optimuspetersonJan-18-05 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#26146, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 8

sweet, can't wait to see it. I'm thinking really hard about 19"s but not too sure.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Ryan_HesJan-18-05 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#26147, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 9
Jan-18-05 03:29 PM by Ryan_Hes

The extra weight is hardly noticeable if you go from a 18" rim to a 19" rim. Of course it varies from rim to rim...but in general I havn't been able to tell a big difference. And even if it is sacrificing 5hp or so...it's worth it for the cosmetic value.

I have been on 14" RS rims, 16" Talon rims, 16" OZ anniversary rims, 18" Motegi MR7's, 18" Excel Radius', 19" ADR Fuels, 16" 1st gen Talon rims, and now 19" Ikon P35's.... the only time I notice a difference in weight is when I switch the 19" rims to a 16" factory rim...but it's slight.

I'm a rim whore.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26115 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic