Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectpicked up some new wheels for the ride...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26115
26115, picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They will be here by next thursday or friday. Ill shoot some pics when I get them installed.. I picked them up from wheelmax.com with tires for $1760 mounted, balanced, and shipped.

HP Racing 19x8.5 - Hyper Black w/ Chrome lip

26116, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice! I just got these in the mail today too.

17/7
What tires did they come with?
26117, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
some type of bf goodwrench tires. some spinoff company from them.. i dont remember. doesn't matter cause these are just for around town.
26118, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good choice. the Evo bumper and those rims will make a very very nice combo. and 19" too, blingin :)
26124, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by jerseystyle1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
good choice. the Evo bumper and those rims will make a very very nice combo. and 19" too, blingin :)

I agree 100%. They are going to look awesome! Can't wait to see pics!
26127, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
yeah i can't wait. this will be the first time i have ever purchased brand new wheels that are this big.
26141, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You will be in love. There is nothing like pulling the wrapping and lifting your new 19" rim out of the box...it seems REALLY massive. It just rocks. Club 19 yeah!
26144, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by RSClipse9d7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice. Anyone know how that effects gas milage? I was thinking about 19's before because they look so damn good but I was afraid of all the extra weight.
26145, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
ehhh.... i have no worries about gas milage. i already get shitty milage cause i have a heavy foot.

BTW.. the wheels will be here Wednesday!
26146, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sweet, can't wait to see it. I'm thinking really hard about 19"s but not too sure.
26147, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
The extra weight is hardly noticeable if you go from a 18" rim to a 19" rim. Of course it varies from rim to rim...but in general I havn't been able to tell a big difference. And even if it is sacrificing 5hp or so...it's worth it for the cosmetic value.

I have been on 14" RS rims, 16" Talon rims, 16" OZ anniversary rims, 18" Motegi MR7's, 18" Excel Radius', 19" ADR Fuels, 16" 1st gen Talon rims, and now 19" Ikon P35's.... the only time I notice a difference in weight is when I switch the 19" rims to a 16" factory rim...but it's slight.

I'm a rim whore.
26148, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
What about ride height?
26155, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Well, it's an illusion. The 19" wheels will seem to fill the wheel well more - and they do for sure. At the same time, the car will appear noticeably higher when looking at the front bumper. The wheel gap isn't larger, in fact it's now smaller on mine. I can fit only one finger in front between my tire and my fender - but the car sits up higher because the overall diameter of the rim and tire is greater than before.

The difference in ride height between a 16" rim with 205/55 tires compared to a 19" rim with 235/35 tires is huge. The 19" rims lift the car considerably - almost an inch and a half...although my car was so damn low with 16's, now it is just right with 19's. With 16's my car is a pebble busta.
26158, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
new wheels came today.. GOD DAMN THEY ARE BIG!

Ill take some pics tonight when i get home
26165, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
well, here they are. i definetly think they need to be powder coated black on the insides. if this is hyper black then i need like hyper midnight black. they certainly aren't dark enough on the inside. the chrome lip is like 3" wide and really makes everything seem too light.

oh keep in mind that the car hasn't left the garage and its been up in the air for awhile and the suspension hasn't sat down completely.

what do you think?

26166, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by widebodyeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sui looks bad ass. congratz
26167, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by siueclipse
well, here they are. i definetly think they need to be powder coated black on the insides. if this is hyper black then i need like hyper midnight black. they certainly aren't dark enough on the inside. the chrome lip is like 3" wide and really makes everything seem too light. oh keep in mind that the car hasn't left the garage and its been up in the air for awhile and the suspension hasn't sat down completely. what do you think?

LOOKS NICE :thumbsup
FYI THOUGH, GET RID OF THE RED MESH ALL AROUND MAN, LOOKS RICEY IMO!
26168, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
the red mesh doesn't look ricey off camera

dont you guys think they need to be powder coated black?
26169, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nah man, keep em the way they are, they look HOTTTT
26170, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
I guess i will have to see them in the day time.
26172, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hubba fuckin hubba those look NICE! much better than the GSX rims imo.

.:thumbsup
26177, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
they have grown on my quite a bit over night. in the sun light (or at least the amount that gets in the garage) they actually look darker.

weird.
26182, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
They look badass.
26196, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
now of course.. (tonight i moved the car to the middle of the garage) the suspension sat down a little and DAMN are they huggin the fender. i had to put it back up in the air again, but this weekend ill take some outside pictures.
26202, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
FUCKIN HAWTNESS JAMES.

NOw those tiny brakes are the problem huh?
26203, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Originally posted by Blizare
FUCKIN HAWTNESS JAMES. NOw those tiny brakes are the problem huh?

yeah small brakes
26205, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by 95greenhrcgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
James, what kinda offest are on those wheels? Do you have your rear fenders trimmed? What size tires?

19's look so beast on Eclipse's. Good job!!!
26206, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Originally posted by 95greenhrcgs
James, what kinda offest are on those wheels? Do you have your rear fenders trimmed? What size tires? 19's look so beast on Eclipse's. Good job!!!

i dont know the offset to be honest. i dont have the rear fender trimmed. the tires are 235x35x19
26221, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by ToTaLEkLyPz99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks good make sure you take the stickers off the tires that annoys me when im behind someone and u see them and plus you will hear it..lol i had the stock 10th anniversary rims on my car and i have 19 inch racing hart c-2's and when i put them up to my old rims and tires they were about the same hight overall as the 16s with tires so the overall diamater was the same so it should be all good!!i dunno know about the fenders though thats a wide rim i have 225/35/19 with a 7.5 inch wide rim and i cut the lip outta the back just to be safe i would recommend the same..i have never rubbed once and my car is low i can get one finger between the fender and tire..
26222, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
i can get one finger in between the rim and fender as well. i dont need to roll them at all.
26223, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Posted by 95greenhrcgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you may find that you need to when you compress the springs when out driving.
26224, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
Originally posted by 95greenhrcgs
you may find that you need to when you compress the springs when out driving.

well.. right now.. i can fit 2 fingers. when i backed the car out of the garage and put it back in, the distance went down to 1 finger. lol

so.. we'll see
26232, RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride...
well.. the back of the car has a nasty rub. i had to roll the fenders tonight and luckily they dont hit anymore. when i would go into high boost or hit a bump in the road the tires would get ripped apart by the car. but its all fixed now. im going to take some pictures tomorrow after i wash the bitch.

James
I generated this page in 0.0088210105895996 seconds, executing 7 queries.