Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22357
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Car vibrates...bad." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
TmanJan-21-04 05:38 AM
Member since Jan 07th 2003
141 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22357, "Car vibrates...bad."

Ok, whenever I get to 45mph+ my car vibrates real bad. The door panels shake and my window clanks against the door, and it's almost impossible to look out the mirrors. I had my front motor mount replaced at a local shop, and this only helped the problem a little. Could this be from the rear motor mount? And if I were to get a set of mouter mount inserts, would that fix the problem? Any help would be appreciated...it is starting to drive me nuts.

-Trevor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
95_ESi_PersonJan-21-04 05:40 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22358, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 0

are your wheels correctly balanced?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TmanJan-21-04 05:59 AM
141 posts,
#22359, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 1

yes, I just got new rims and brand new tires, mounted/balances/alinged. And new tokico blues on all fours.

-Trevor

FranklindsmJan-21-04 06:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#22360, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 2

What kinda transmission do you have?

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

bulloxJan-21-04 06:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#22361, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 3

i would make sure your lugs are all tightened to spec. Maybe a couple are a little more loose than the others. Besides balancing the wheels, which you said was done already, that's my only guess.

mcgyvrJan-21-04 06:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#22362, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 4

its your alignment or balancing, someone messed up.
or a wheel weight fell off, could be lug nuts are loose too
take it back to where you you the alignment done and tell them to fix it FREE

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

TmanJan-21-04 07:23 AM
141 posts,
#22363, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 5

I have the 5 spd tranny. My lug nuts are tourqued to specs, and im assuming my alignment is fine. I was thinking it was my mouter mounts, but would it vibrate all of the time and not just 45+ if it were my motormounts. Maybe I will being it back and complain that the alignment is not straight. Any other ideas?

-Trevor

95_ESi_PersonJan-21-04 08:17 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#22364, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 6

those sticker kind of weights do fall off if the wheel is not cleaned in that area first (tire places do forget stuff)

TeametxJan-21-04 08:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#22365, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, that does not sound like a motor problem. Does it do it in neutral when you rev the motor up?

TmanJan-21-04 09:56 AM
141 posts,
#22366, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 8

Im thinking it would have to be the motor, because when up about 45mph and I let off the gas or put it in nuetral the shaking stops. It does not shake when im sitting at a stop light or anything. Whenever I take right turns and I am accelerating, then the shaking gets worse. When I am going around a left bend then the shaking gets better than it would be if I were going straight. Make sense?

-Trevor

fly1Jan-21-04 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22367, "RE: Car vibrates...bad."
In response to Reply # 9

I'm thinking it's probably suspension related; if it's a broken or bad motormount, the car would probably vibrate all the time. I'd have the alignment shop check it again. Is your car lowered? If so, do you have a camber kit? The toe setting could be off.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22357 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic