Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22219
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Best tire IYO" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
thegameFeb-03-04 03:59 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22219, "Best tire IYO"

What is the best tire in your opinion? Im trying to find the best tire for me, but no clue what to get. I dont know what to look for really, but these will be daily/street tires that perform the best. Probably some kind of a sticky tire? for traction (boosted here). I need these to grip and put the power to the ground and reduce spinning. Just looking for suggestions. What do u think?

New/More Mods Comming... New 1/4 Times In March/April

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
WickedESiFeb-03-04 06:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22222, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 0

Yokohama Parada Spec-II's

www.tirerack.com

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Feb-03-04 08:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#22225, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 1

Are you looking for an all season performance tire, or just a "summer" tire?

For all season, I like the Bridgestone Potenza RE950s (it's H rated, so it's not for going over 130mph)

For a summer tire BF Goodrich KDWs, they'll still work in the rain (or at least they should) and they'll still be a very good Z rated ultra high performance tire. They'll also be expensive

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Eagle 5Feb-03-04 09:00 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#22227, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. Stick good for me. I couldnt break them loose in the rain in my parking lot at work, have a rating os 300 (maybe 280, i forget) after 15,000 miles they still look pretty good. not sure how well on boost they are but ill find out in a few months. kind of expensive paid 172/tire from tire rack, of course they are like 250-300 from any tire store. no problems yet and i love them

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

REV_GSlowFeb-03-04 10:05 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
1312 posts,
#22228, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 3

im getting two Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 from a friend locally for 200 bucks(used and less than 50 miles on them), after reading your post im pretty excited! They look like good tires, and i'll let you know how they feel

EclipsedChef was my first name..Member #460!

::::..Under Construction..::::

flamineclipseFeb-03-04 10:34 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2003
675 posts,
#22229, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 4

Toyo Proxes T1-S I love em.

nightwolf2369Feb-03-04 03:32 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
#22232, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 5

Falken Azenis, very nice tires.

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

Boofer97rsFeb-03-04 04:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
800 posts,
#22234, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 6

Michelin Pilot Sports...crazy traction, sexy tread, z rated, what more can u ask for?

JWoodleyFeb-03-04 05:22 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#22235, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 7

nitto555's are nice. one of my good friends has them on his SVT lightning. he makes close too 500whp at 1800rpms and they hookup like no other. falkin azenis are pretty cheap so u could try those before you pay out the arse for tires. but, you do get what you pay for. also, you should consider expected mileage.

WickedESiFeb-03-04 08:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22240, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 8
Feb-03-04 08:44 PM by WickedESi

My I second the Yokohama Parada's, they placed 8 out of 47 tires in the Ultra High Performance Catagory, and did I mention they are less than $100 a pop (www.tirerack.com)?

The only non excellent thing about this tire is that they arn't a snow tire (wet and dry).

BTW, they have the highest speed rating (Y - for going over 186 mph).

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

CrashedMaxFeb-04-04 02:31 AM
Member since Jan 22nd 2003
239 posts,
#22241, "RE: Best tire IYO"
In response to Reply # 9

I like my Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's. They were pretty cheap too, I think less than $90 each for 16's. They suck ass in the snow though.

1999 Black w/black leather GS 10th Anniversary OZ edition
5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22219 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic