Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16787
View in threaded mode

Subject: "eh. I'm too rough on brake pads. What should I get?>" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSApr-01-03 05:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16787, "eh. I'm too rough on brake pads. What should I get?>"

My car goes through more pads in a year than a woman does. *not really*

What are some pads that work out pretty nice, don't wear down quick, and don't produce brake dust as bad? Or can you not get it all in 1 package? I hear good things about EBC green stuff pads. Anyone know if they are good? Also, where is a good place to get them? Advance here prolly doesn't have them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
9D9 MITSU RSApr-02-03 10:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16806, "RE: eh. I'm too rough on brake pads. What should I get?>"
In response to Reply # 0

ttt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezApr-02-03 10:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#16807, "RE: eh. I'm too rough on brake pads. What should I get?>"
In response to Reply # 1

I hear Kotex are pretty good. naw, well I hear good things about EBC too. try them out. were using metallic ones b4?

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

9D9 MITSU RSApr-02-03 11:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#16809, "RE: eh. I'm too rough on brake pads. What should I get?>"
In response to Reply # 2

I dunno what I have really. I went by my dad's shop and he was about to make a parts run to advance. I was like, "while you're out; get the best pads the have." I gave him some money and he came back with the pads. They suck tho. I am rough on brakes. I don't stop 100 feet back. I'mma try some EBC's if I find where to get them.

KLIPZEDApr-02-03 12:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#16811, "RE: eh. I'm too rough on brake pads. What should I get?>"
In response to Reply # 3

See, i have a very similar prob 9d9, i got through rotors like crazy...guess its just time to step up to the GSX calipers and rotors

Walker
95 Minden Silver Klipz GS A/T
One day my car will be in one piece
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

ChamukoApr-02-03 09:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#16819, "RE: eh. I'm too rough on brake pads. What should I get?>"
In response to Reply # 4

well i work with a company that puts on a lot of shows, computer , home, speed/sports. on the last one i went to a lot of the vendors, talked to them about our members and possible group buys...

amoung 300 aluminum radiators ( shipped), ss brake line deals and such I talked to the ebc company. I should really look into this and see if we can get a deal going gb or maybe 2gnt permanent deal...who knows...?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

BuckNuttyApr-03-03 04:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#16823, "RE: eh. I'm too rough on brake pads. What should I get?>"
In response to Reply # 5

I have EBC Red Stuff pads, damn fine product. They are dusty though, aka their claim is false :p. But I love em. Definately worth the cash.

TeamJasonESi_TApr-03-03 06:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#16824, "EBC's suck"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-03-03 07:00 AM by JasonESi_T

I have EBC's right now. They suck. They burn up more dust than you can imagine, and they don't stop as nicely as my old autozone specials did. I was able to get a good deal one them, and now I regret it. They were pretty nice in the beginning, but once all that green stuff burns off, which is pretty quickly, they sucked ass in a hurry.

I want something new right now myself.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

9D9 MITSU RSApr-03-03 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#16825, "RE: EBC's suck"
In response to Reply # 7

how about cf pads? or kevlar. whatever? are those better than the metal masters or whatever. I have also heard good things about those. What's the best thing to get good braking and not a ton of dusting? someone has to know.

BuckNuttyApr-03-03 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#16826, "RE: EBC's suck"
In response to Reply # 8

I remember hearing sumthin a lil while back about ceramic pads. NAPA sells them, again i am goin on memory, so i could be wrong.

TeamMichael_97RSApr-03-03 07:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#16827, "I Love Mine!! (my recommendation inside)"
In response to Reply # 7
Apr-03-03 07:47 AM by Michael_97RS

I am VERY pleased with my KVR carbon fiber pads and cross-drilled rotors. Stops beatifully, no fade, no warping, and very little brake dust.

For those in the market, Jason and others, I highly recommend these pads! I bought then from a place called SP Motorsports. http://www.spmotorsports.com

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16787 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic