Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16223
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I need a Price estimate (please)" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
Weezle745Mar-06-03 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16223, "I need a Price estimate (please)"
Mar-06-03 04:03 PM by Weezle745

all the local shops are closed right now (its after 6pm) and i just need a general idea of how much it would cost to swap suspensions between 2 eclipses at a shop. i need to swap aftermarket shocks + springs for stock springs + shocks.

any ideas how much it will cost?
thanks in advance

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
FnNitWit81Mar-06-03 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1861 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16225, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn, to bad you don't live on this shitty side of the US. I would offer my shop to yah for free, well mabey some pizza. By the way, it's snowing again today and we got a few inches.

I wanna go to florida.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDeanoDMar-06-03 06:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16229, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 1

For a 1G/2G eclipse we charged $100 labor for changing springs/stuts. So the cost would be $200 plus tax. This is in Arkansas and the prices are higher in CA. I would bet it will cost you $250 since you are giving them two cars to do. They would probably charge you $150 for one car.

This is just a guess. An eclipse is very easy to do. My buddy has done one in 45 minutes. This was changing from stock springs/struts to lowered springs/aftermarket struts.

There is no need to go to a high performance speed shop to have it done. Any mechanic shop with a spring compressor could do it. You can even rent a spring compressor from most autopart stores and get your deposit back when you return it(cost is zero).

If the shop has a lift, it will take much less time and this can actually save you money if they are charging by the hour.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

eclipse_gs_1512Mar-06-03 06:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#16230, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 2

it cost me 150 to get my shocks and springs done.....so i'd bet you're looking at 250 or 275.

2007 wrx

SonicYanMar-06-03 06:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#16231, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-06-03 06:18 PM by SonicYan

Hey James, I think u can do it by urself. Ur changing struts with Steve ryt? So u can prolly do it at ur garage if u or he has one. Cuz I was able to swap mine with Derek (he's on the board too) and we just did it in my garage. Take note that I am the worst person when it comes to working with our cars, but we were able to pull it off. We started at 4pm and got done by 3am. We took a lot of breaks tho. If u go at it straight, u'll be done 2-4 hours max, if u guys are good. Didn't even get a scratch. Well, Derek kinda knew what he was doing. Just print out Corbin's how to on the main section on how to remove the struts and springs and u'll be fyn. It has detailed instructions and even has pics. Just remember how u removed them so u can put it back together as is.

Ayt, that's it. Just telling u so u can save a few bucks here and there. If I can do it, u can definitely do it.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

ezMar-07-03 08:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#16246, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 4

I agree with Mikey, you should save the money and do it yourself. Do you have all the tools you need? (rent a spring compressor from autozone or something) That's how I am with everything on my car nowadays - if I maintain it myself I can use better products for less money!

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

ClayMar-07-03 09:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#16247, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 5

agreed^ if u need help i can guide u thru the install/deinstall. IM me.

95 GST | So-Cal

PowerEclipsesMar-08-03 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#16263, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 6

I can set records on how fast I can take off that damn suspension... I learned my lesson... Always take your time. You will def. be able to do it. Its just a matter of taking out a few bolts

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

chayeMar-08-03 12:39 PM
Member since Apr 28th 2002
420 posts,
#16267, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 7

its free if you do it your self
if you need help let me know
chaye21@aol.com
aol im is chaye21

pn0ymahalMar-08-03 08:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#16272, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 8
Mar-08-03 08:18 PM by pn0ymahal

if all you got to do is remove the old and drop in the new ( no compressing the spring etc) then its pretty easy. i would no mind helping if i got the time. but if you got to compressing them i rather let my friends shop do it since i dont have the coolness/ tool to do that.. hehe... my friends shop charges around 60-70 for one car to change springs or shock etc.
cool

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Weezle745Mar-08-03 09:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#16274, "RE: I need a Price estimate (please)"
In response to Reply # 9

well i am droping in an aftermarket combo, in exchange for my stock shocks and springs (that are not attached currently).

i hope i can do it myself with steve (downazzdsm). are you free on wednsday Pnoymahal? i got a quote from a shop for $100 per axel

$100 x 4 axels per car x 2 cars = $800!!!

no way!

can anyone give me a run down of exactly what tools, and sizes of wrenches, etc that i will need? thanks
james.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16223 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic