Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15675
View in threaded mode

Subject: "grinding noise from wheels?" Previous topic | Next topic
invaznGSTFeb-13-03 05:21 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15675, "grinding noise from wheels?"

well lately when i drive with my radio off and windows down i can hear this like grinding noise from i believe the rear of my car..like maybe something was rubbing or rusted..i'm not sure..anyone have any ideas..i don't believe it's my brakes because i just got them changed and it doesnt make noise when i step on the breaks.only when i'm moving slowly..when i drive fast i dnt think i can hear it or it isn't making noise...thanks

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Logic3Feb-13-03 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15677, "RE: grinding noise from wheels?"
In response to Reply # 0

Wheel bearings.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

juggaloFeb-13-03 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#15684, "RE: grinding noise from wheels?"
In response to Reply # 1

>Wheel bearings.

i'll second that. weeee-all bearings

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

invaznGSTFeb-13-03 01:23 PM
3897 posts,
#15687, "YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!"
In response to Reply # 2

omg both of you came up with same answer...i'm a retard..how do i fix it..where? how much? huh huh? THANKS GUYS

will you two be my valentine? no? ok well theni'll give you some points..thanks!

ps i bought a gst cause i don't know how to mod

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

juggaloFeb-13-03 08:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#15706, "RE: YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!"
In response to Reply # 3

you have to buy a new rear hub assembly, $61.99+tax at autozone, link to replacement procedure: http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/dsm/2g_rear_axle.pdf

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

invaznGSTFeb-14-03 05:03 AM
3897 posts,
#15711, "RE: YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!"
In response to Reply # 4

damn it cost $62? could i do it myself..i'm never very good with cars ..still learning..or would it be better to take it somewhere to get it fixed? Also, is it safe to drive with it because i have to drive like 400 miles to go home for spring break and there are no autozones around here..just back home..AND..would i need 2 hub assemblies or just one? Thanks

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Logic3Feb-14-03 08:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#15718, "RE: YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!"
In response to Reply # 5

If you're not comfortable working on cars then I say get a shop to do. Be fore warned the labor is costly. Or option number two, buy a Chiltons and give it a go yourself...it will be A LOT cheaper. Oh, thanxs for the cookie.

invaznGSTFeb-14-03 08:27 AM
3897 posts,
#15719, "RE: YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!"
In response to Reply # 6

thanks again!

would it be safe to drive it back home in the city where i could get it fixed (about 400 miles)? Or should I fix it down here in the sticks..? I just wanna know if it's safe to drive 400+ miles with it? Thanks

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15675 Previous topic | Next topic