Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectgrinding noise from wheels?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15675
15675, grinding noise from wheels?
Posted by invaznGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well lately when i drive with my radio off and windows down i can hear this like grinding noise from i believe the rear of my car..like maybe something was rubbing or rusted..i'm not sure..anyone have any ideas..i don't believe it's my brakes because i just got them changed and it doesnt make noise when i step on the breaks.only when i'm moving slowly..when i drive fast i dnt think i can hear it or it isn't making noise...thanks
15677, RE: grinding noise from wheels?
Posted by Logic3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wheel bearings.
15684, RE: grinding noise from wheels?
Posted by juggalo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Wheel bearings.

i'll second that. weeee-all bearings
15687, YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!
omg both of you came up with same answer...i'm a retard..how do i fix it..where? how much? huh huh? THANKS GUYS

will you two be my valentine? no? ok well theni'll give you some points..thanks!

ps i bought a gst cause i don't know how to mod :D
15706, RE: YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!
Posted by juggalo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you have to buy a new rear hub assembly, $61.99+tax at autozone, link to replacement procedure: http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/dsm/2g_rear_axle.pdf
15711, RE: YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!
damn it cost $62? could i do it myself..i'm never very good with cars :)..still learning..or would it be better to take it somewhere to get it fixed? Also, is it safe to drive with it because i have to drive like 400 miles to go home for spring break and there are no autozones around here..just back home..AND..would i need 2 hub assemblies or just one? Thanks

15718, RE: YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!
Posted by Logic3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you're not comfortable working on cars then I say get a shop to do. Be fore warned the labor is costly. Or option number two, buy a Chiltons and give it a go yourself...it will be A LOT cheaper. Oh, thanxs for the cookie.
15719, RE: YOU TWO ARE GREAT! ANOTHER QUESTION!
thanks again!

would it be safe to drive it back home in the city where i could get it fixed (about 400 miles)? Or should I fix it down here in the sticks..? I just wanna know if it's safe to drive 400+ miles with it? Thanks
I generated this page in 0.010216951370239 seconds, executing 7 queries.