Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2929
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Who's running spark?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
AggressionJan-16-07 01:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2929, "Who's running spark?"

If your running spark I would love to see your spark table. I am getting ready to start using the spark as well as the fuel I've been running, just need a good base to start out with.

So if you could post up a screeny of your spark tables that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
customrsturboJan-16-07 03:45 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2003
249 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2931, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Aggression
If your running spark I would love to see your spark table. I am getting ready to start using the spark as well as the fuel I've been running, just need a good base to start out with. So if you could post up a screeny of your spark tables that would be very helpful. Thanks!

I'm running fuel & spark. The base map that came with the MS is being working great. On the test run I have done, the highest spark under high boost is 18 degrees. I don't have a WB, but my EGT haven't go pass 1400 F and the car is pulling way harder and the spool is a lot faster. I need to keep adjusting the fuel map. After that I will start with the spark table and be a little more aggressive. Give me a few minutes for the spark map upload.

1995 Eclipse RS-T
GT35R, SPEC Stage 5 clutch
E85 Fuel(Helping the Ecosystem)
MS, v3.0, 029t
10.87 @ 135

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

customrsturboJan-16-07 04:13 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2003
249 posts,
#2932, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 1
Jan-16-07 04:16 AM by customrsturbo

Be sure to get easy on the accelerator and if you hear any detonation, please get off the pedal. This map worked for me and may not be for EVERYBODY. Use it at your own risk.
Please make the changes necessary on the table as you may need. I haven't touch it yet, not even RPM.

1995 Eclipse RS-T
GT35R, SPEC Stage 5 clutch
E85 Fuel(Helping the Ecosystem)
MS, v3.0, 029t
10.87 @ 135

AggressionJan-16-07 05:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#2934, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 2

Thank you..anyone else?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

djtrickeeJan-16-07 05:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#2935, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Aggression
Thank you..anyone else?

I am running spark as well. Can't get to my tables though as the car is in the garage surrounded by feet of snow. I think the battery is dead as well. Since my megatune is installed on the carputer I have no way of getting at it. I will try sometime later this week to keep this post going. Mine looks pretty similar to customs but I have adjusted my rpms and kpa's accordingly. Running it with a Crane ignition box.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

AggressionJan-17-07 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#2937, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by Aggression Thank you..anyone else?
I am running spark as well. Can't get to my tables though as the car is in the garage surrounded by feet of snow. I think the battery is dead as well. Since my megatune is installed on the carputer I have no way of getting at it. I will try sometime later this week to keep this post going. Mine looks pretty similar to customs but I have adjusted my rpms and kpa's accordingly. Running it with a Crane ignition box.

I'd appreciate it dj!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-17-07 08:50 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#2938, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 5

This is Nathan Cross's map, same one i have loaded.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=738&mode=full

Terry

shazow1969Jan-29-07 06:45 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#2958, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 6

Terry I know it's slightly off subject but I'll be running MSnS with a MSD DIS-2 for ignition. Do I still need to use the GM ignition modules, or do I just bypass them and use the DIS-2 to control eveything. Feel free to email me back about this maybe with wiring diagram from the MS to the DIS-2.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

djtrickeeJan-29-07 08:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#2959, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 7
Jan-29-07 08:23 AM by djtrickee

Originally posted by shazow1969
Terry I know it's slightly off subject but I'll be running MSnS with a MSD DIS-2 for ignition. Do I still need to use the GM ignition modules, or do I just bypass them and use the DIS-2 to control eveything. Feel free to post here for help for others who might need this info in the future about this maybe with wiring diagram from the MS to the DIS-2. -Kevin

Fixed for ya.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

WickedESiJan-29-07 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2969, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 8
Jan-29-07 04:11 PM by WickedESi

I'm running spark.

I don't have my laptop on me atm, tomorrow (possibly Wednesday) I will post my table, to make my post into a useful one. My EGT's never go over 1475 at high boost, 93 octane.

My table is really close to the factory ign. table sub-boost.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

WickedESiFeb-05-07 03:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2999, "RE: Who's running spark?"
In response to Reply # 9

93 octane, stock cams.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2929 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic