Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4594
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MS II for Fuel and Stock ECU for Ignition & Missing Link" Previous topic | Next topic
ForceFedJul-16-09 07:31 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
153 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4594, "MS II for Fuel and Stock ECU for Ignition & Missing Link"

In about a week and a half I'll be running fuel from the MS II. On the ignition side, the Stock ECU will be controlling that end (for now). Is the missing link still required in this picture?

When is the money spending going to stop on this fucking car?!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
VelocitaPaolaJul-17-09 10:54 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4595, "RE: MS II for Fuel and Stock ECU for Ignition & Missing Link"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, the PCM may negatively adjust the ignition timing if it senses a pressurized intake manifold. Either a fuel cut defender or missing link is recommended unless Megasquirt is controlling both fuel and spark.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ForceFedJul-24-09 04:59 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
153 posts,
#4625, "RE: MS II for Fuel and Stock ECU for Ignition & Missing Link"
In response to Reply # 1

Ah, I thought so. Thanks for the reply.

When is the money spending going to stop on this fucking car?!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-26-09 03:03 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4626, "RE: MS II for Fuel and Stock ECU for Ignition & Missing Link"
In response to Reply # 2

I am sorry but this is incorrect and proven to be wrong. The ECu will not adjust timing when it sees more than 4.63V for more than 2 seconds (positive pressure). I can name 1 member with a 97 that has run like this for more than 4 years without a Missing link or FCD.

When the ECU sees 4.63V or above on the Map sensor for more than 2 seconds it will throw a code. Since you do not have the ECU controlling injectors you will not notice the ECU hiccup or Cut fuel. If you decide to run a FCD, do it to keep one less code out of the ECU but do not entertain the false notion that the ECU will start to advance or retard timing based on it.

VelocitaPaolaJul-26-09 12:11 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4627, "RE: MS II for Fuel and Stock ECU for Ignition & Missing Link"
In response to Reply # 3

I have personally witnessed this phenomenon in a '96 2GNT. Perhaps it does not affect every model year, but it does occur.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4594 Previous topic | Next topic