Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1942
View in threaded mode

Subject: "A few questions about MS" Previous topic | Next topic
CarbonFiberRSTApr-01-06 09:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1942, "A few questions about MS"
Apr-01-06 09:51 AM by CarbonFiberRST

When the megasquirt gets power is it supposed to only have the outer two lights on? RxReclipse said only his middle light comes on and I think he said it blinks... Also, when I hook up the cable and go to communications in megatune (the release version) it says there is no connection and I tested many diff port selections... I also tried to run the downlaod-firmware.bat and it says it failed to connect... my computer says it has the most resent driver for the serial port and it is enabled and working according to my comp... Any help? I only have weekends with my car due to college and was really hoping to getting this running today.

EDIT: Also, I know the serial works because I just remembered that I was able to connect to a palm and load the pocketlogger software onto it using the serial port.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamXtremeRSApr-02-06 07:41 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1946, "RE: A few questions about MS"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
Also, I know the serial works because I just remembered that I was able to connect to a palm and load the pocketlogger software onto it using the serial port.

Be sure that the palm software is still not running in the backround...it will use the serial port resources. I had this issue one time...had my palm software running in the backround and didnt think anythinng of it.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CarbonFiberRSTApr-02-06 04:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#1949, "RE: A few questions about MS"
In response to Reply # 1

OH So as long as that hotsync icon is in the bottom right its probably using the port? Damn, thats some bullshit, thanks. I'll check it out next weekend... I just got back to Auburn...

CarbonFiberRSTApr-09-06 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#1970, "New questions about MS, look."
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-09-06 10:07 AM by CarbonFiberRST

Sweet, thanks xtreme! It connected and I actually got the car to run kinda

Ok, So I got it to idle in the 14afr range while warming up by messing with the warmup wizard values. But once its warmed up it goes full lean. Do I adjust the numbers in the VE table now and richen it up there? or is there another place? I got the VE table i'm using from RxReclipse. He has the same stuff as me but he has dsm 450cc injectors where I have 42# fords.

Also, when i open my .msq it says there are 4 warnings written to the audit.log file but when I click it it just opens the megalogviewer and nothings there... what am I missing.

TeamXtremeRSApr-09-06 02:11 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1971, "RE: New questions about MS, look."
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-09-06 02:12 PM by XtremeRS

Sweet, thanks xtreme! It connected and I actually got the car to run kinda Ok, So I got it to idle in the 14afr range while warming up by messing with the warmup wizard values. But once its warmed up it goes full lean. Do I adjust the numbers in the VE table now and richen it up there? or is there another place? I got the VE table i'm using from RxReclipse. He has the same stuff as me but he has dsm 450cc injectors where I have 42# fords. Also, when i open my .msq it says there are 4 warnings written to the audit.log file but when I click it it just opens the megalogviewer and nothings there... what am I missing.

Ok, do you have the EGO correction active during full warm idle? If so, disable that under "exhaust gas settings". If its lean at idle after fully warm, then you need to raise the VE table numbers to richen it up. Raise the numbers in the VE talbe where your engine idles- prob in the 800-900 rpm range, and roughly around 34-40 kpa if you have stock cams. Be aware that when you do this, it will effect the warmup values as well..which means your warmup will richer now too..when you increase your VE values, it effects all enrichments- warmup, accel, ect..

Not sure what you are getting for errors on the audit log, never had to play around with that yet..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

selmerguy2003Apr-09-06 02:56 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2005
288 posts,
#1972, "RE: New questions about MS, look."
In response to Reply # 4

Hey I am working on my setup now with 40 lbs injectors. I can send you my msq file if you give me your email. You can pm it to me.

Teamner947Apr-09-06 03:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1973, "RE: A few questions about MS"
In response to Reply # 0

When the megasquirt gets power is it supposed to only have the outer two lights on? RxReclipse said only his middle light comes on and I think he said it blinks...

You can define what those LED's do... The outter ones typically do spark, I have my inner one set to "IRQ request" which tells the user that the CPU is doing something - useful when trying to diagnose problems, it will blink during cranking if it's hooked up properly.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-10-06 11:07 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1974, "RE: A few questions about MS"
In response to Reply # 6

Your warnings are due to the fact you are using someone elses map. MT is able to detect a specific laptop MT config. Each tiny thing different in RXR's laptop will throw an error the first time you open it. 90% of the time the error doesnt mean much.

For example, in my Megatune display, my coolant gauge maxes out at 300 degree. My emergency is 275 and warning is 260. As installed the max is 250 degrees. You would have 3 errors if i sent you a map because that gauge has 3 items changed.

If you read the audit file in "car1" folder, the bottom of the file will list the errors.

Terry

CarbonFiberRSTApr-11-06 06:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#1975, "RE: A few questions about MS"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Your warnings are due to the fact you are using someone elses map. MT is able to detect a specific laptop MT config. Each tiny thing different in RXR's laptop will throw an error the first time you open it. 90% of the time the error doesnt mean much. For example, in my Megatune display, my coolant gauge maxes out at 300 degree. My emergency is 275 and warning is 260. As installed the max is 250 degrees. You would have 3 errors if i sent you a map because that gauge has 3 items changed. If you read the audit file in "car1" folder, the bottom of the file will list the errors. Terry

Ah, thank you sir.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1942 Previous topic | Next topic