Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #80243
View in threaded mode

Subject: "WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
scothernSep-07-04 09:50 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80243, "WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"

Oaky, so a few months ago I bought a good condition, used muffler off a member here, God I Wish I could remember who it was. Anyway, I finally got to putting it on just for the aesthetics of it. Well its a little louder then I hopped for but you will have that. It sounds real low though and not too ricey.

the bonus is It actually affected my power band. No Dyno sheets, but I notice it on the tach. I used to have no real power until 4K on the Tach, now I get a noticable difference at 3K. Its nice. More acceleration too when I'm cruising in 5th gear doing 70, I can actually accelerate without downshifting. Not to mention my RPMs dropped about 300RPMs when cruising too. Unreal. I cannot believe the way this car responds to mods. Its great!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
silvereclipse30Sep-07-04 12:26 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2004
1661 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80252, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 0

a muffler won't change ur power band....its all in ur head!!!

eclipse GONE....02 JETTA 1.8T chip and intake, bailey DV and N75 H valve....

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/472859

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TalontaxiSep-07-04 08:10 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
#80274, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 1

It deffinatly changed mine, at least thats what my butt-dyno told me, and after i had a full system bent it actully gave me a little more usable torque.People can say what they want but i'm driving the car.

KillemAllSep-07-04 08:27 PM
Member since Sep 03rd 2004
16 posts,
#80275, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 2

thats what ive been saying for years, who needs a stupid turbo when you have exhaust?!

BTW if you can feel a 3hp gain that your exhaust gave you, you're a better man than me

silvereclipse30Sep-07-04 10:18 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2004
1661 posts,
#80276, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 3

LOL this is funny......no way will a muffler give a "NOTICABLE" power or change ur power band.....

eclipse GONE....02 JETTA 1.8T chip and intake, bailey DV and N75 H valve....

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/472859

DegreESep-08-04 02:09 PM
Member since Jul 04th 2004
303 posts,
#80305, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-08-04 02:11 PM by DegreE

I did notice a difference when I put a K&N sticker on my windsheild.
rear window.

Does that count? lol

<--This is our god... god decides our fate. We shall not upset our god. God can and will ruin our lives if we were to upset him.

OBX 4-1 Ceramic Coated Headder, EGR Block-off kit, Howell 30% Underdrive pulley, EBay Cold-Air Intake, Holley Air Mass CatBack Exhaust System: 2.5" pipe w/ 5" tip

mrj82Sep-09-04 04:32 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2003
283 posts,
#80334, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 5

My car ran way better when I first put a muffler on it. Now keep in mind the previous owners were idiots and cut off the factory muffler just to make it loud. Not only did it sound like shit but it ran like shit until I put a new on one it.

Originally posted by Uberingram
I will burn you for not searching...then the stabbing.

I got the sonic if you got the boom.

Justin99RSSep-09-04 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#80335, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 6

yea...that magazine did that dyno test of certain mods...the catback exhaust, not just a muffler add 1.2FWHP...yay!...your NOT gonna be able to feel that..

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

scothernSep-09-04 06:08 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#80336, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 7

Well flame me if you will but I swear the car will actually pull now from 3K on. It used to bog until 4K. I would sware on a bible if it made you all feel better about it. Maybe it wont dyno a difference but I sure as hell feel it. That and the fact that I'm goign from a stock RS muffler with 81K on it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

HipHop615Sep-09-04 07:08 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#80339, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 8

Hey whats up man? I was just scrolling through some of the posts...I was the one who sold you the exhaust awhile back.

Parts 4 Sale:

BRAND NEW Unorthodox UDP
Used Black Widow Front Bumper (Needs Work)
Used SF1 Front Bumper (Needs Work)
Used OEM Carbon Fiber Hood (GI)
Tenzo Type 2 Silencers (GI)
Used FMIC 22x8x2.5
95 Heater Core

Just Ask Q's & Make Offers HipHop615@yahoo.com

420AYESep-09-04 09:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#80343, "RE: WOW Plesantly surprised by Ebay exhaust"
In response to Reply # 9

put ur stock back on. half of it is mental from the exhaust you couldn't hear before, and the vibrations. i couldn't even tell a difference with my udp and its the afx. it did pull this grade a little better....but thats nothing and its like an 11hp mod.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #80243 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic