Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #67490
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one" Previous topic | Next topic
darosa4561Jan-29-04 06:12 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67490, "Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one"

Hey eveyrone. My girl is buying a 4g63 95 Talon TSI soon but it needs a new engine. The person ran it with out oil for a couple of miles. I know what your going to say, go to the 2 g board. Well im leaving for bootcamp soon and i dont feel like registering over their and stuff and them thinking im a noob. So if anyone can help me out thank you. I looked into FTY but some people in asec are having some problems and thier site is also down.

Thanks for any help

1997 Dodge Avenger I-4 5-Speed
DreamSpeed Cold Air Intake,AF/X Under Drive Pully, ES Motor Mount Inserts, MSD DIS2, MSD Coil Pack, MSD 8.5mm Wires,Aluminem Flywheel,Spec Stage1 Clutch,Crank Scraper, Quaife LSD,Airmass 4-1 Headers, Test Pipe, Bosal Catback,B&M Short SHifter(50%),Symbroski Shifter Kit, Grounding Kit, Solid Front Motor Mount

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
miedosoracingJan-29-04 06:45 AM
Member since Jul 04th 2003
67 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67492, "RE: Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one"
In response to Reply # 0

what state are you in?

Payless Insurance Agency- Auto Insurance
Miedoso Racing- Import aftermarket parts

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

darosa4561Jan-29-04 01:01 PM
245 posts,
#67507, "RE: Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one"
In response to Reply # 1

Rhode Island

DreamSpeed Cold Air Intake,AF/X Under Drive Pully, ES Motor Mount Inserts, MSD DIS2, MSD Coil Pack, MSD 8.5mm Wires,Aluminem Flywheel,Spec Stage1 Clutch,Crank Scraper, Quaife LSD,Airmass 4-1 Headers, Test Pipe, Bosal Catback,B&M Short SHifter(50%),Symbroski Shifter Kit, Grounding Kit, Solid Front Motor Mount

1996talonJan-29-04 03:51 PM
Member since May 23rd 2003
328 posts,
#67520, "RE: Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one"
In response to Reply # 2

try a junkyard, dsmtrader.com

1996 Eagle Talon ESi

intake, apexi N1 exhaust, hi flow cat
17" hyperblack exel tz-7's
next: AFX UDP and 60 mm throttle body

Dualgen2Jan-30-04 02:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#67599, "RE: Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one"
In response to Reply # 3

If you get a junkyard engine I would do the timing belt, water pump, headgasket and other gaskets and belts. It's unfortunate you cant do a compression test, unless the car runs but I doubt you will find that at a junkyard. Make sure you get a 6-bolt motor also. Good luck.
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

silvreclipsersJan-30-04 06:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#67600, "RE: Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-30-04 06:36 PM by silvreclipsers

forget the junkyard, my friend bought two junkyard engines and both ended up being bad so he gave them back, and I live right near you so probably they will sell you the same ones lol

darosa4561Jan-31-04 01:21 AM
245 posts,
#67603, "RE: Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one"
In response to Reply # 5

yea for another 500 i can get a new one from my job. But since the turbo is oiled and thier was no oil in the car im pretty sure that the car is going to need a turbo and the rebuilt engines from my job dont some with turbo's

Hult250RFeb-01-04 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#67646, "RE: Where can i find a 4g63 Engine Cheap or buy one"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by darosa4561
yea for another 500 i can get a new one from my job. But since the turbo is oiled and thier was no oil in the car im pretty sure that the car is going to need a turbo and the rebuilt engines from my job dont some with turbo's

If you can get an engine w/o a turbo, you can pick up a turbo on dsmtrader.com for like $150 or less. Id go that route if you can get a rebuilt engine for a decent price. If you buy a used engine you never know what youre gonna be getting

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #67490 Previous topic | Next topic