Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #50971
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAMay-11-03 04:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50971, "Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail..."

I had an electric fuel pressure gauge installed and now I am taking it off.

Anyway, the hole is too small on my test port. I'm thinking that I may have overtightened and collapsed the test port in a little. Not sure if thats possible but I have a 95 fuel rail and the hole is definately bigger. I just have an aluminum cap on the end right now and I don't really want to drive with 52 psi against a shitty aluminum cap. Let me know if there is anyway that I can fix it.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ErikMay-11-03 06:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50980, "RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail..."
In response to Reply # 0

If you can't get another rail cheap or readily, then I would get a thread pitch gauge and see what pitch the schrader valve is (should be fairly common) and see if the hole can be chased with a tap to allow you to put the valve in. I would definately take the rail off and flush the crap out of it after you chase it. If there isn't enough there to make the valve fit, see if a machine type supply place can get a helicoil. That's the best that I thought of.

Shit is all apart. Typical...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420aVengerMay-11-03 06:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#50981, "RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail..."
In response to Reply # 1

Just use a -4AN cap. It won't leak or come off.

ModeratorEvuLFleAMay-11-03 06:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#50982, "RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail..."
In response to Reply # 2

Only cap I have is a cheap $.05 aluminum cap. I guess I'll put some teflon paste on it and just use that. Oh well, I'm surprised the tip of the test port bent like that.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

The1BillMay-11-03 08:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#50984, "RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail..."
In response to Reply # 3

I got a nice brass one from Home Depot. -4AN is the same as 1/4" NPT. Teflon tape that up, and it should work. I have never had luck getting a schrader valve back into a test port after a gauge has been screwed onto it for a while...
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

TeamMichael_97RSMay-12-03 04:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#50989, "RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail..."
In response to Reply # 4

I would't trust a check cap either, get something a bit beefier. You can try chasing is out with a tap, should bring it back to round. But I would still find a better cap just in case, with the tap chasing it might weaken the thread a little.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

The1BillMay-12-03 09:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#50999, "RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail..."
In response to Reply # 5

I trust a beefy brass cap with teflon paste. Just don't use teflon tape...
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #50971 Previous topic | Next topic