Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectHaving troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=50971
50971, Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail...
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had an electric fuel pressure gauge installed and now I am taking it off.

Anyway, the hole is too small on my test port. I'm thinking that I may have overtightened and collapsed the test port in a little. Not sure if thats possible but I have a 95 fuel rail and the hole is definately bigger. I just have an aluminum cap on the end right now and I don't really want to drive with 52 psi against a shitty aluminum cap. Let me know if there is anyway that I can fix it.
50980, RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail...
Posted by Erik, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you can't get another rail cheap or readily, then I would get a thread pitch gauge and see what pitch the schrader valve is (should be fairly common) and see if the hole can be chased with a tap to allow you to put the valve in. I would definately take the rail off and flush the crap out of it after you chase it. If there isn't enough there to make the valve fit, see if a machine type supply place can get a helicoil. That's the best that I thought of.
50981, RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail...
Posted by 420aVenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just use a -4AN cap. It won't leak or come off.
50982, RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail...
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Only cap I have is a cheap $.05 aluminum cap. I guess I'll put some teflon paste on it and just use that. Oh well, I'm surprised the tip of the test port bent like that.
50984, RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail...
Posted by The1Bill, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got a nice brass one from Home Depot. -4AN is the same as 1/4" NPT. Teflon tape that up, and it should work. I have never had luck getting a schrader valve back into a test port after a gauge has been screwed onto it for a while...
-=B-=
50989, RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail...
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would't trust a check cap either, get something a bit beefier. You can try chasing is out with a tap, should bring it back to round. But I would still find a better cap just in case, with the tap chasing it might weaken the thread a little.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC
50999, RE: Having troubles getting shrader valve back in fuel rail...
Posted by The1Bill, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I trust a beefy brass cap with teflon paste. Just don't use teflon tape...
-=B-=
I generated this page in 0.0085370540618896 seconds, executing 7 queries.