Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127056
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Do the valves bend?!" Previous topic | Next topic
keffeAug-05-09 04:01 AM
Member since Feb 14th 2007
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127056, "Do the valves bend?!"

Hello, guys. One day my water pump broke down, so timing belt is damaged and jumped several teeth. When i have camshafts at TDC, then crankshaft`s bullet is not at 12o`clock, but 17o`clock. Is there possibility that 420a do not broke valves?! Or i just have to continue with removing head?! Thanks a lot. Car is totally stock.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
freelancefoolAug-05-09 05:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127058, "RE: Do the valves bend?!"
In response to Reply # 0

Jumping several teeth....

There was contact between the valves and the pistons. Pull the head.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinAug-05-09 06:10 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#127059, "RE: Do the valves bend?!"
In response to Reply # 1

Yep, gonna need to replace a few.

AdministratorCODE4Aug-05-09 07:40 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#127062, "RE: Do the valves bend?!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by keffe
is not at 12o`clock, but 17o`clock.

What the fuck is 17 o'clock? And do not say he meant military time because it is not even said that way.

---

2012 2500HD LML

420agreenvilleSCAug-05-09 09:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#127068, "RE: Do the valves bend?!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by keffe is not at 12o`clock, but 17o`clock.
What the fuck is 17 o'clock? And do not say he meant military time because it is not even said that way.

lol. wondering the same thing.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

phr0st187Aug-05-09 10:18 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
25 posts,
#127069, "RE: Do the valves bend?!"
In response to Reply # 4

Give the guy a break. You can tell from his broken english that he hasn't fully grasped the english language. And yes you will need to pull the head. Whether or not you broke/bent a valve, we can't tell you. It's highly likely that you did and possibly some piston or rocker damage as well. While you're down there go ahead and replace the timing pulleys and timing belt tensioner as I'm sure the mileage calls for it. Be sure to get new head bolts/studs since your stockers are likely stretched.

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-05-09 12:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#127074, "RE: Do the valves bend?!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by phr0st187
Give the guy a break. You can tell from his broken english that he hasn't fully grasped the english language.

True dat (but 17 o'clock is kinda funny, lol)

Ok, how much do you like labor? You CAN take a shot at just replacing the belt and components and re-timing it. Then check comp and, if the comp seems good, go ahead and try to start it.

If you take this route, you may be wasting your time because your valves have a pretty good chance of being bent. But to me, meh, I might waste the labor and give it a shot.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

TuxdreamerxAug-05-09 10:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#127094, "RE: Do the valves bend?!"
In response to Reply # 6

I just got a 98 talon with a timing belt that was missing a ton of teeth and turns out the water pump was seized so I replaced both didnt bother pulling the head and it fired right up. I believe its a 50/50 chance. I even turned it over a few times with a messed up belt. if it was me I would throw a belt and pump on, time it and try to fire it up before you put everything back together and if it fires up put it back together and go and if not pull the head.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127056 Previous topic | Next topic