Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1266
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Greddy vs Brospeed" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
oRACLe97Apr-26-01 03:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1266, "Greddy vs Brospeed"

why the hell are the greddy headers so much .... the brospeed are reasonably priced but is it as good ? i know the greddy has a flex pipe ..which is a good thing and the brospeed doesnt ... so should i just splerge and get the greddy ? is the flex pipe even worth it ? and will both hook up to my stock pipe with little or no problems? let a brother know !!

oRACLe
nGk Plugs ( watch out now )
AeM ShoRt RaM
UnOrThAdOx RaCiNg PuLLeY
BrAnD SpAnKiNg NeW TrAnnY ( 255 miles )
MoDDed EUrO TaIlS
SToCk 14" Rims ( gotta have these )
StOck MuffLer ( rust included )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TeamMichael_97RSApr-26-01 04:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1267, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 0

Look at the picture of the Brospeed on Howell, there isn't a flex section(which I don't like them anyway) but there is a flex joint, so you should be fine, and I would think without the flex section you'll flow better anyway.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar, TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

oRACLe97Apr-26-01 05:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
#1268, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 1

LAST EDITED ON 26-Apr-01 AT 10:10 AM (PST)

why the hell is pacesetter so cheap ?
i noticed that the brospeed is like 85 less than greddy .. what would u recommend ... i dont mind getting the greddy but if the difference is minimal in power than i will go to brospeed .. im notto sure about this what about u guys with headers?

oRACLe
AeM ShoRt RaM
UnOrThAdOx RaCiNg PuLLeY
BrAnD SpAnKiNg NeW TrAnnY ( 110 miles )
MoDDed EUrO TaIlS

TalonApr-26-01 05:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#1269, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 2

my cousin had pacesetter and got rid of it for a greddy. he didnt like it at all. i didnt get to see it but he said the tip started rustin like 1 month after he got it and it didnt even sound close to what his greddy does. go with greddy all the way!
at least that is what i plan on doing hehehe

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Smokin' Honduh's All Day Long!

XT_DSMApr-26-01 07:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#1270, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 3

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

Talon, the guy was talking about headers not cat-back
but anyway, I would get the Greddy headers or you can get Hotshots (I have Hotshots and I like it) not sure about Brospeed but I think it's 4-2-1, if that's the case, then I wouldn't get it. Greddys and Hotshots are 4-1 and that's why I like them better.

Adel

js99rsApr-26-01 04:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#1271, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 4

i like the bottom end power from my pacesetter headers but thats about it. they are ugly and that stupid flex joint sounds like ass. im gonna have a real one put in.

aem cai
pacesetter headers
gs-t exhaust
red altezzas
rims, tires, and a bunch of other little stuff....that list is way too short....more will come!

-jason

TeamStan2gntApr-26-01 09:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#1272, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 5

The Brospeed doesn't have a metal to metal flex joint like the pacesetter, it has a dounut gasket like DC sports/factory honda headers and allows flex their (no flow restrictions their at all). As someone who's had pacesetter and Brospeed I cantell you its build quaility is 10 fold better and very good in genral (better than I expected from Bropseed). I perosnally wouldn't trade it for a greddy of anything else. The reason greddy's cost so much more is obvious. Its the only one thats Stainless steel.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I(and Turbo is here!)

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

oRACLe97Apr-27-01 12:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
#1273, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 6

stan i will accept your word as fact man brospeed it is ... thanks guys ... now its on to an exaust

oRACLe
AeM ShoRt RaM
UnOrThAdOx RaCiNg PuLLeY
BrAnD SpAnKiNg NeW TrAnnY ( 110 miles )
MoDDed EUrO TaIlS

TeamMichael_97RSApr-27-01 01:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1274, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 6

I personally don't see stainless steel as an advantage. I would much rather have ceramic coated in and out, nice smooth coating, and disipates heat better than just metal. Which I think the Brospeed is, Stan? is the Brospeed interior and exterior ecramic coating?

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar, TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TalonApr-27-01 01:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#1275, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 8

i was also reffering to the headers and complete catback
oh well

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Smokin' Honduh's All Day Long!

KoryApr-27-01 02:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#1276, "RE: Greddy vs Brospeed"
In response to Reply # 9

One Word: GREDDY

"RACECAR backwards is RACECAR!"

Kory
korynguyen@yahoo.com
Happy Honda Hunting!

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1266 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic