Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108051
View in threaded mode

Subject: "eBay header, good or bad?" Previous topic | Next topic
rettezMar-08-08 10:12 PM
Member since Jan 06th 2008
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108051, "eBay header, good or bad?"

Ok, my car hit's 16.618 on 1/4 mile some weeks ago.
i order the eBay header 4-1 for my car, (55 dlls it's a good price lol).
I am surprised to see that the eBay header have 2" of diameter, SAME DIAMETER that the oem!!
i install the header, and i went to the track to race, the fucking time: 17.0 !!!!

i feel the engine with more power in the street before the track, but in the track, i feel the car, little slow, forced.

i discovered that the conector of cam sensor, it has a failure on connection (the connector has play) and i fix that with aislant tape (black), but with the heat of header, the glue is gone! i think this maybe the problem, but i don't want to buy a brand new cam sensor lol

so, the question is...

is a good modification the eBay header?

i'm sad , the car is slow because of failure of cam sensor?

P.D. i'm saving money to buy the parts missing of my turbo kit, i bought turbo,manifold,bov,ic piping. but i want down my time on 1/4 mile being N/A before install the turbo, because SR20 guy's kill me

Greetins, i'm sorry for many letters and questions, i hope that you help me. Thanks!

-----------------------------------
95 Eclipse GS+T.. Garrett t3
MEXICAN DSM 420A TURBO! 1/4 mile: 14.830 @ 6 psi 14.725@100 mph .. 9 psi & open pipe TRACTIONLESS
stock inj, stock mounts, 12:1 vortech fmu, bkr7s at .032", 93 oct, walbro 255, stock clutch.. etc

I HATE SR20DE
http://www.youtube.com/rettez

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
red96rsMar-09-08 05:18 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2007
132 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108052, "RE: eBay header, good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 0

Get a new cam sensor. if yous is as bad as you say, you need another. as far as the ebay header, Bulletdsm, ran an ebay header on the fastest 420a N/T ever for a while, untill he replaced it with a custom long tube header. they work better than stock header. fix the CPS, and see what happens.

** Current status: 9 bent valves. and it only had 6,000 miles on it. i hope the replacement goes well. **

Lots of expensive parts, and still slow! Oh wait, it has to run to go fast.

My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=red96rs>

from 2g chat
* DarkOne joins 2GNT_Chat
‹DarkOne› .
‹DarkOne› wow... i'm drunk
‹DarkOne› at 9am.
‹DarkOne› on a saturday.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2GeclipseRSMar-11-08 05:48 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#108075, "RE: eBay header, good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 1

No offense but the sr20 guys are always going to kill you.

That is a really stout motor that can handle tons of boost on a stock bottom end.

cc8ballaMar-11-08 05:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#108076, "RE: eBay header, good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 2

A header alone isnt really gonna do shit with your time. It's just part of the basic breather mods, that's all.

I see you are going turbo in your sig? If so, fix the cam sensor, and don't spend anymore money on NA mods, unless it's a UDP or something like that. Anything that's gonna be replaced with a turbosystem is useless at this point.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

rettezMar-11-08 10:42 AM
Member since Jan 06th 2008
58 posts,
#108083, "RE: eBay header, good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
No offense but the sr20 guys are always going to kill you. That is a really stout motor that can handle tons of boost on a stock bottom end.

i know i know

Originally posted by cc8balla
A header alone isnt really gonna do shit with your time. It's just part of the basic breather mods, that's all. I see you are going turbo in your sig? If so, fix the cam sensor, and don't spend anymore money on NA mods, unless it's a UDP or something like that. Anything that's gonna be replaced with a turbosystem is useless at this point.

Thanks bro, i put the header because i want reduce my time to 16.5 16.4, but i couldn't lol

today i begin to save money to buy the intercooler, walbro fp, fmu, wideband, and the hardware to install the turbo
thanks
mods can be close this topic

-----------------------------------
95 Eclipse GS+T.. Garrett t3
MEXICAN DSM 420A TURBO! 1/4 mile: 14.830 @ 6 psi 14.725@100 mph .. 9 psi & open pipe TRACTIONLESS
stock inj, stock mounts, 12:1 vortech fmu, bkr7s at .032", 93 oct, walbro 255, stock clutch.. etc

I HATE SR20DE
http://www.youtube.com/rettez

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108051 Previous topic | Next topic