Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjecteBay header, good or bad?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=108051
108051, eBay header, good or bad?
Posted by rettez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, my car hit's 16.618 on 1/4 mile some weeks ago.
i order the eBay header 4-1 for my car, (55 dlls it's a good price lol).
I am surprised to see that the eBay header have 2" of diameter, SAME DIAMETER that the oem!!
i install the header, and i went to the track to race, the fucking time: 17.0 !!!!

i feel the engine with more power in the street before the track, but in the track, i feel the car, little slow, forced.

i discovered that the conector of cam sensor, it has a failure on connection (the connector has play) and i fix that with aislant tape (black), but with the heat of header, the glue is gone! i think this maybe the problem, but i don't want to buy a brand new cam sensor lol

so, the question is...

is a good modification the eBay header?

i'm sad :( , the car is slow because of failure of cam sensor?

P.D. i'm saving money to buy the parts missing of my turbo kit, i bought turbo,manifold,bov,ic piping. but i want down my time on 1/4 mile being N/A before install the turbo, because SR20 guy's kill me :(

Greetins, i'm sorry for many letters and questions, i hope that you help me. Thanks!
108052, RE: eBay header, good or bad?
Posted by red96rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get a new cam sensor. if yous is as bad as you say, you need another. as far as the ebay header, Bulletdsm, ran an ebay header on the fastest 420a N/T ever for a while, untill he replaced it with a custom long tube header. they work better than stock header. fix the CPS, and see what happens.
108075, RE: eBay header, good or bad?
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No offense but the sr20 guys are always going to kill you.

That is a really stout motor that can handle tons of boost on a stock bottom end.
108076, RE: eBay header, good or bad?
Posted by cc8balla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A header alone isnt really gonna do shit with your time. It's just part of the basic breather mods, that's all.

I see you are going turbo in your sig? If so, fix the cam sensor, and don't spend anymore money on NA mods, unless it's a UDP or something like that. Anything that's gonna be replaced with a turbosystem is useless at this point.
108083, RE: eBay header, good or bad?
Posted by rettez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
No offense but the sr20 guys are always going to kill you. That is a really stout motor that can handle tons of boost on a stock bottom end.

i know i know :(

Originally posted by cc8balla
A header alone isnt really gonna do shit with your time. It's just part of the basic breather mods, that's all. I see you are going turbo in your sig? If so, fix the cam sensor, and don't spend anymore money on NA mods, unless it's a UDP or something like that. Anything that's gonna be replaced with a turbosystem is useless at this point.

Thanks bro, i put the header because i want reduce my time to 16.5 16.4, but i couldn't lol

today i begin to save money to buy the intercooler, walbro fp, fmu, wideband, and the hardware to install the turbo :)
thanks
mods can be close this topic
I generated this page in 0.012093067169189 seconds, executing 7 queries.