Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110205
View in threaded mode

Subject: "The build." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTOct-09-08 08:21 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110205, "The build."

Word is out and a lot of people know, so, here it is. The secret is a 2.2L stroker. Yes, thats what I have been up to. So, here are a few pics from today's work. Did not get very much done.

Few pics of the block. 95' block bored 40 over and honed, was completely degreased and checked for cracks and everything. The rotating assembly was balanced as well. Crank is the Callies custom stroker crank. Eagle Rods, JE 8.8:1 pistons and total seal rings.

So, next was to start assembling this hog. Got the lower set of bearings in, went to put the top in and noticed the notch was on the wrong side! I never knew that the 95 bedplates were nocthed differently. So, besides waiting another week for another set of bearings to use, why not just notch the bedplate yourself? I am supposed to be a professional right? lol. So, yes, I notched it myself.

Bearings in.

Went ahead and plastigaged everything to make sure all my clearences were okay.

Then went ahead and put the crank in, put my gasket sealer around the block and this time, i did not forget the ORING!!!!

I will get some more pics tomorrow of the bedplate bolted up. I also started to try and get the pistons in the walls, but I am having some issues. The oil rings slide right in but as soon as I get to the 2nd compression ring, it gets VERY tight. I did not like it, so I called it a day. I go back to work tomorrow, so we will see if I can squeeze them in...

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ModeratorbullettdsmOct-09-08 08:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110206, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 0

IMO, get rid of the total seal rings.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeOct-09-08 09:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#110208, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 1

What the shit. All this time and money and rubbish talk and you wimped out and only are building a 2.2. lol. Ghey.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

SilvrEclipsOct-09-08 09:20 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#110209, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 2

Looks good man, what happens if you forget to put the oring in? I dont remember if I put mine in or not.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

420agreenvilleSCOct-09-08 09:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#110210, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 3

very impressive mike. i really like it. yea i was gonna put my bedplate on and almost forgot the oring. lol. caught it in time. curious why you chose TS rings and not je's? your choice i know. anyway, keep the progress coming. awesome so far. how much did you spend for the crank??

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

eclipse982nrRSTOct-09-08 10:21 AM
6314 posts,
#110211, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 4
Oct-09-08 10:23 AM by eclipse982nrRST

I do not have a problem with using TS.
I ran them on the 2.0 for 2 years with no problems. Swapped to JE's when I had the head off once and noticed no difference at all. Only problem I see with people having issues with TS's is because they arent installed correctly.

EDIT: Chris, what are you talking about me whimping out? Maybe because you guys thought i was building a 2.4 all along and I wasnt?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ModeratortekleinOct-09-08 10:55 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#110212, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 5

Whats the shiny thing bolted to it?

Great job btw

eclipse982nrRSTOct-09-08 11:10 AM
6314 posts,
#110213, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by teklein
Whats the shiny thing bolted to it? Great job btw

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it. That is an old school Chrysler voltage regulator. I need it for the alternator since I will no longer be using the stock ECU.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

foggy45Oct-09-08 11:44 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#110214, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
So, besides waiting another week for another set of bearings to use, why not just notch the bedplate yourself? I am supposed to be a professional right? lol. So, yes, I notched it myself.

don't worry man, lots of people with 96+ bedplates notch them themselves so they have the ability to run a 360* grove set of main bearings.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

barza21Oct-09-08 01:17 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#110215, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 8

good memories are coming back! Hope you actually achieve your 400whp dude, you dont want a little 2.0L beating you, do you ?

good luck with the build, keep us updated.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

1slw97Oct-09-08 03:18 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
#110220, "RE: The build."
In response to Reply # 9

Looking good!!

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110205 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic