Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #72020
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Which is better....." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic
Pushin420aApr-02-04 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72020, "Poll question: Which is better....."

Just wondering I need a little heads up I can get both....But I'm not sure which is better....thanks guys.

Poll result (20 votes)
AEM CAI (11 votes)Vote
ICEMAN CAI (7 votes)Vote
Injen CAI (2 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
turbo8uApr-02-04 03:25 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72021, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-02-04 03:26 PM by turbo8u

d. forced induction

AEM CAI imo, i had it before i was turbo and it kinda made a difference! lol
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

silent souls leave .308 holes

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ajna_starApr-02-04 04:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#72025, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 1

iceman... doesnt heat, can use cold or short, comes with a k&n filter, AND its cheaper than aem or injen

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

SilverEclipseApr-02-04 05:27 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2002
67 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72027, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 0

I say AEM, it is very high quality and can be had for under $200 easy. It also looks very nice and comes with a K&N filter. I can't bash any intakes because this is the only one i have had experience with but it will make a noticable difference as well as sound and look nice. The AEM doesn't heat soak easily either, it isn't very warm after driving around a while.

Turning is fun too!
go to www.sccaforums.com
-Do it...do it-

Pushin420aApr-02-04 05:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#72028, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeh well ajna st4 just helped me find a iceman for 175...I thinkt thats a good deal

~Lee

"CHECK OUT THE NEW CARBON KNIGHT AUTO"
still under construction
http://hometown.aol.com/pushin420a/index.html

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***
Afx/Race computer, V2CAI, 60MM TB, P&P intake, Cam Gears, Exhaust
Tein Drop springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables.

***Mods to come***
Crane Cams,UDP,full greddy exhaust,headers

Lots of Show!!

silvereclipse30Apr-02-04 05:42 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2004
1661 posts,
#72029, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 3

I have the injen that is real similar to the V2 and it sounds and looks amazing.......also it is very thick and doesn't heat soak...gave very nice gains

silvereclipse30Apr-02-04 05:43 PM
1661 posts,
#72030, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 5

also I heard that the iceman is plastic...........I'd pass on plastic if that is the case

injendsmApr-02-04 05:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#72031, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 5

injen > all other intakes imo but i am just a little biased.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

IowaRS_racerApr-03-04 05:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
#72052, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by silvereclipse30
also I heard that the iceman is plastic...........I'd pass on plastic if that is the case

Its a cross-link polyurethane and its less heat conductive than metal intakes

"Well you shouldnt be wearing your favorite shirt on a fucking B&E, wear your second favorite shirt you dunce..."

SkrillaApr-03-04 07:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#72053, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with Ajna Star, having experience with both AEM and iceman I've found the icemman to be better. The plastic is the reason for it's use and NO it won't melt whch is the dumbest thing I've EVER heard

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

silvereclipse30Apr-03-04 09:07 AM
1661 posts,
#72058, "RE: Which is better....."
In response to Reply # 9

does the battery kick its ass??? cuz no matter what they are gonna take a lil beating even if u fix the battery thing........

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #72020 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic