Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137440
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Largest injectors on stock ecu" Previous topic | Next topic
DstachOct-24-12 08:12 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137440, "Largest injectors on stock ecu"

What the largest injectors you could possible run on the stock ecu for turbo. I want to put something large on so with a rising rate I won't be in the 100+ psi for boost. Just a piece of mind. And for later upgrades don't want to spend money for small injectors that become useless. So could I do like 750 or 800cc with low static pressure? It wouldn't be daily driven just toying on the track.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
SilvrEclipsOct-24-12 08:18 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137441, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 0

No you wont be able to get anywhere close to that size injector. I ran 440s using a SFMU to lower base pressure down enough to run them on the stock ECU. How much power are you looking to make? You might just need to run megasquirt if your looking for big power

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DstachOct-24-12 08:23 PM
276 posts,
#137442, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 1

Well its a 2.4 motor and I'm looking for like 280 on 8psi with a 16g turbo. basically now I'm going off boost. I will later be going to power when I do switch to Megasquirt but at the moment I can't get one.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

Gruff511Oct-24-12 10:13 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#137443, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-24-12 10:15 PM by Gruff511

If your just going with a sfmu you deff. should not run that large injectors. When I did the sfmu route I used 440cc and the fuel pressure was down to around 16-18 psi, i dont remember exactly it was along time ago. But Id recommend something smaller than the basic dsm 450injectors somewhere around 380's and this is only for stock motor setup on low boost. And you can still run them on Megasquirt but if you build the motor or is it built? and run High boost Then you'll need to up the injector size.

DstachOct-24-12 10:17 PM
276 posts,
#137445, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 3

Yes the motor is fully built. Just not wanting to crank the boost and invest in megasquirt yet.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

Gruff511Oct-25-12 11:42 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#137449, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 4

Well then why only 8psi I'd run more if it built.

DstachOct-25-12 12:43 PM
276 posts,
#137451, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 5

Im runing low boost because of the stock ecu and I cant control timing.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

SilvrEclipsOct-25-12 01:08 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#137452, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 6

You are wasting money if you go the SFMU route only to change to Megasquirt later.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

DstachOct-25-12 01:12 PM
276 posts,
#137453, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 7

I have it. It came with a car I planned on fixing and selling. It had a whole turbo kit. Can stock ecu handle like 12psi on a built 2.4 with a 16g turbo?

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

AdministratorCODE4Oct-26-12 04:24 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#137454, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 8
Oct-26-12 04:27 PM by CODE4

The question is not if the stock ecu can control it or not.

You asked if you could run large injectors in combination with a SFMU and SilvrEclips has fielded your question pretty well. If you are not willing to take the advice or plan on doing what you want regardless of the the responses given, why ask in the first place?

Either run your 750cc+ injectors and find out how difficult it will be to idle first hand, or pick a smaller injector combination.

Originally posted by Dstach
Well its a 2.4 motor and I'm looking for like 280 on 8psi with a 16g turbo.

Have you done the math yet? Do a BSFC calculation to find out the amount of fuel you need to achieve desired Brake Horsepower, and subsequently the lbs/min of air you need to match that fuel level. Only then can you plot that on a 16G compressor map, establish what pressure level is necessary to flow that mass of air, and then select your injectors.

---

2012 2500HD LML

DstachOct-26-12 07:12 PM
276 posts,
#137455, "RE: Largest injectors on stock ecu"
In response to Reply # 9

I am taking his advice. I'll have to do the calculations when I get home. Thanks

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137440 Previous topic | Next topic